cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Shutdown

scottgriesser
Underground

Starting last night, the app will start playing music and then after ~2 sec will shut down. Pandora was playing for about 30 min prior to the issue starting. I am on a Galaxy Note20 and issues happens when connected and not connected to a Bluetooth speaker/headphones. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottgriesser
Underground

Hi Alyssa, 

Thank you for the follow-up. I went through all of those steps last night and the issue continued. However, when I just tried to open the app this morning everything seems to be fine and the bug seems to have fixed itself. 

Thank you again for your help. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @scottgriesser. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. 

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

Please try running through these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

scottgriesser
Underground

Hi Alyssa, 

Thank you for the follow-up. I went through all of those steps last night and the issue continued. However, when I just tried to open the app this morning everything seems to be fine and the bug seems to have fixed itself. 

Thank you again for your help. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottgriesser Thanks for the update!

Sounds like you're back up and running normally. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else pops up. In the meantime, enjoy the tunes. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

scottgriesser
Underground

Hi Alyssa, unfortunately, the fix was temporary and the issue has arisen once again. I do have my battery permissions set to allow Pandora to run in the background FYI. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottgriesser I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy Note20
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • When you say the app shuts down, does it close completely, and you have to re-launch it to get the music playing again?
  • Do any error messages pop up when this happens? If so, what do they say?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos