cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant buffering Android

Trillium
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as in several threads (mostly iOS users). Like at least one other person stated, Pandora worked fine during my free trial. Once I started paying (a few months ago), the constant buffering happened. It's been worse the last month, since I disabled interruptions for artist suggestions. Sometimes one song plays, then there's an audible announcement that I have no Wi-Fi connection, which is not true, because I'm able to stream Youtube. Sometimes there's no music at all, just buffering as soon as I open Pandora. Songs advance on the screen, but they are not audible, and the buffering notice remains visible.

None of these steps helped:
Uninstalling/reinstalling.
Clearing the cache and the memory.
Forcing a stop.

The problem happens on both my old phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9 (no SIM card but wifi works fine), and my current phone, a Pixel 5a. Carrier: Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Trillium It sounds like you are experiencing two different issues:

• the app switching to Offline Mode even when you have a working internet connection
  • the app showing a buffering message

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues after running through those steps, please send me a screenshot of what you see when:

• the app switches you to Offline Mode even when you have internet
  • the app shows you a buffering message

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝