cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes when I click add variety.

Saubha82
Local Performer

Whenever I click add variety, my app crashes. It does not give an error code or anything, it just instantly closes. I have other issues with this app too, but this is the most irritating one. It is also irritating that I cannot file a report directly with the support team. Please resolve this issue.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saubha82 Nice to see you around the community. 😎

To clarify, you can always contact our support team directly by submitting a message through our help page. 

That being said, I'm happy to try and help out on my end. If we are unable to come to a resolution, I can escalate this over to our engineers and they can further investigate.

To begin, I recommend running through our Basic troubleshooting for Android devices.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saubha82 Nice to see you around the community. 😎

To clarify, you can always contact our support team directly by submitting a message through our help page. 

That being said, I'm happy to try and help out on my end. If we are unable to come to a resolution, I can escalate this over to our engineers and they can further investigate.

To begin, I recommend running through our Basic troubleshooting for Android devices.

Let me know how it goes.

Blatondentaro
Local Performer

I am also having this issue for your information

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Blatondentaro. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with adding variety. Thanks so much for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community.

Looks like you have two stations. Are you having trouble adding variety to both stations?

Have you received any error messages?

Let's try out these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Julimh83
Local Performer

I am to having this issue and those troubleshoot methods didn't help. I can add variety from a computer, but not my phone. Really would like this to be fixed 😞

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Julimh83. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Does this happen with specific artists or tracks? Or, any added variety?

Have any error messages popped up?

I'd like to share your Android device details with our engineering team.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Julimh83
Local Performer

The second I click add variety it crashes. Before it would just close the app and put me at my home, but after trying the troubleshoot methods it now just says Pandora has stopped working. My phone is a Moto z3, Verizon is my carrier, Android version 9 and my Pandora is version 2007.2. I have no trouble doing anything else on Pandora, this is the only thing. It happens when I'm on WiFi, on data, doesn't do it on the computer though. And I do have premium as well. I thought maybe it would happen the more variety I have in a station, but it doesn't make a difference. 

I hope all this information helps!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very helpful info - thank you so much, @Julimh83!

I'll update the internal ticket with the details you've shared in your last post.

Thanks again for your patience while our team works on this.

Missmal92
Local Performer

Clearing app cache and data worked for me to solve this same problem. It scared me initially because my long term station seemed to have no information but it just needed to load. 😁

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Missmal92. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing that. Glad to hear those steps helped with the issue you were experiencing. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos