cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the Pandora app

Alg727
Local Performer

Why do you have to have Pandora running in the background on our phones? What's the purpose besides hogging up our resources and stealing our info? 

Why is there not a button for turning off "clean versions"? 

Why do you play the same songs over and over, and when you thumbs down a song it still plays on another station? 

Why are these even issues? I thought Pandora devs were professionals… I was okay paying Premium but the program became more of a nuisance than a pleasure, so I went back to free after almost a year. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Alg727. 👋

We always welcome input from our listeners. Your feedback is much appreciated. I'm happy to share a few details about what you mentioned in your original post.

Station Repetition:

If you're experiencing station repetition during your listening sessions, I would recommend checking out these tips to get your station back on track: Tips to improve stations 

Exiting the App:

Instead of allowing the app to run in the background, you can simply exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away.  If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the pause button and background the app again. When Pandora is paused, it will use minimal data and battery, and the Android system will automatically close apps as it needs.

Thumb Feedback:

If you give a 👎 / 👍 to any track on a particular station - this will not impact any of your other stations. The ability to use thumb feedback helps you craft your station to your liking. You may like one track because it fits the music on that station. However, you may not want it on another station because it doesn't quite take that station in the direction you want it to go in. That being said, thumbs are station-specific and do not impact your entire account / collection.

Censored Tunes:

We try to buy unedited versions of all music and comedy we acquire, but sometimes a clean version is all that's available. Sometimes our licensing for certain content may expire. Other times we get the radio edit of a track before we get the original, and the tracks are indistinguishable from one another from a database perspective. For that reason, Pandora might select a clean track from one of these sources instead of a nearly identical track from another album. This is an unfortunate reality of the record business: sometimes songs that are not identical are labeled as identical.

I would recommend upvoting this request, if you'd like to see this option implemented: Prevent edited versions of songs being played 

• To upvote an idea, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request to express your interest.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

++

If you need help with troubleshooting, please don't hesitate to let us know. The community moderators are happy to help in the best way we can.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 