cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my stations on Android?

eatme
Local Performer

I'm a long time Pandora user.  I used to have stations and could play a song, create a station, and mix play my stations.  I'm primarily on Android now and can only access playlists.  Pretty much Spotify now.  Should I keep it or cancel my subscription since it's about as useful as, well, I won't get vulgar, but I find Spotify better now. At least it will continue to play music based on a selection, but nowhere what I liked Pandora for (note the past tense).

Hmm, I can sort my collection (whatever that is) by station.  But how do I make a new station and how do I shuffle just a few stations like I used to do?

Hmm, Cannot start a station for some songs I guess.  I'd like to listen to other music like a particular artist, but if I cannot start a station based on their music, why do I want this app?  And why isn't it as user friendly as it used to be?

I can't even figure out how to play more songs based on one I just picked (which I can add to a queue or a playlist, whatever).  Wasted a half hour.  Not going to waste any more!

Tell me the quick and easy or it goes the * away!

Moderator Edit: Format

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @eatme. 👋

The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.

When searching for:

• an artist, tap the artist's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can view and play their radio station, Latest Releases, or Top Songs and Albums.*
  • a song, tap the song's name in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can play the song, share the song, or start a station.*
  • an album, tap the name of the album in your search results which will bring you to a page where you can Play or Share the album, or (if it's available) start a station off that album.*
  • a station or genre, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.
  • a playlist, tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can view and play the playlist.* Pandora Premium subscribers can also collect, download and share those playlists.
  • a podcast, tap the podcast or episode name will will take you to a page where you can collect, play or share the podcast or episode.

You can also use For You to view personalized station recommendations which can be found next to My Collection.

*Pandora Premium listeners may have additional options. Free and Pandora Plus listeners will need to watch a short advertisement before they are able to listen to songs, albums or playlists on-demand.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos