cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import OPML file from Stitcher

jrusso48
Local Performer

How do I import an OPML file with podcasts from Stitcher? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dancingroselily
Underground

Screenshot_20230628_112342_Chrome.jpg

 this what they told me

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Dancingroselily
Underground

Screenshot_20230628_112342_Chrome.jpg

 this what they told me

Lorialmom
Local Performer

That **ahem**.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Sorry for any inconvenience!

I did want to confirm that it isn't possible to import outside content to your Pandora collection. There is currently a feature request for this idea, feel free to upvote if you'd like to see this feature available on Pandora in the future.

In the meantime, you can learn more about Podcast on Pandora by visiting our help page.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Darkhat
Local Performer

Well that's effing annoying.  I just got a message from Stitcher that they are closing down and "Don't worry it's totally easy to export your OPML data to our sister app Pandora!" 
Uh huh. 

Terri13th
Underground

Not a good beginning for Pandora experience--while reason I joined was Stitcher saying we could add our favorites easily to Pandora...c'mon Pandora--catch up!

Dancingroselily
Underground
I found that Podcast Republic will import OPML files from Stitcher. I hope
this helps.

Dancingroselily
Underground

Try Podcast Republic. That is the one I found that allows you to import them

Terri13th
Underground
Can't get Pandora Republic on Kindle, and actually Pandora isn't working on kindle either...missing Stitcher already!
But thanks...glad you found a way...
0 Kudos

Terri13th
Underground

I meant Podcast Republic...

0 Kudos

linsight
Local Performer

Same! This is why I was here. Why would they suggest that if it's not possible?

jrusso48
Local Performer
OK thanks

John R
0 Kudos

Dancingroselily
Underground

No problem 

0 Kudos

Dancingroselily
Underground

I have no clue

0 Kudos

MidKnightGeek
Local Performer

I believe that Podbean podcast app will allow OPML file imports. I've used their platform and feel they do a good job and have a large podcast selection. Hope this helps! Quite annoying that Stitcher advertised a service that (at this point) doesn't seem to exist.   Good luck everyone! 

HanBee
Local Performer

Well, just submitted another request to Pandora before I saw this thread. At least there will be another record of this being requested. That seems like a pretty big oversight... I think I will contact Stitcher, too, to say they should take that suggestion off.

JFinkler
Local Performer

I heart radio imports opm file easily...

zontar
Local Performer

Very disappointed to find that Stitcher seems to have misled us.
I imported the OPML file into Podcast Republic and was happily greeted with all of my shows.
Until I got a block from my house and the would not play anything.
Tried to fire it up leaving my office at the end of the day... would not load any shows to play.
So yeah, all my shows are there, but the app is apparently **ahem** and useless unless I am sitting in my garage. Sadly I have not yet retired so that's not really an option. I ran the possibility by the wife and she's not buying that I need to retire so I can listed to my podcasts.
I am willing to give it another try, but so far it's pretty much **ahem**.
Okay - I just found the options and I turned off WIFI only - that may have been my own stupid problem.
[I admit it when I am wrong and dumb]
Will test tomorrow.
It's still very sad that Stitcher had to leave such a bad stain in our trousers on the way out the door.

0 Kudos

zontar
Local Performer

I have a new podcast platform.
The interface will take some getting used to after using Stitcher for years.
I'd love to have Pandora be my only platform, but not all of my programs are there.
So Podcast Republic performed rather well today, now that "WIFI only" is turned off.

0 Kudos