cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It just quits & doesn't show my collection

Hiscombatwife
Local Performer

I'm new to Pandora (free version on my cell which is an android). I'll be playing a song or searching for new one and with no warning everything just stops and go back to the collections page, which is empty even though I have 40 songs in a playlist I created. Even the recent is empty after listening and searching through songs.

The only way to get to my collection or playlist is through my profile and clicking an album it shows I saved, which then opens the choice of the album or my playlist.

I've gone through all of the steps listed to troubleshoot it, when that didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm so frustrated that I'm about to just remove it for good even though I like the song variety. Any suggestions? Help? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hiscombatwife. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora community! 

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I've checked in with our User Support team, and it looks like you've enabled multiple complimentary sessions of Premium. Playlists are a feature of Premium which may explain why you're not seeing the playlist anymore when the session ends.

You can find out more about how Premium sessions work here.

++

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you seeing any error messages when this happens? If so, what does it say?
  • Are you in the process of adding to your playlist or doing something else within the app when it cuts off?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Hiscombatwife
Local Performer

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your help! 

I'm not sure why they said that, I have not enabled any form of premium. When given the option for the free trial of premium, I've clicked no. I double checked after reading your comment by clicking the upgrade option. It shows an offer that I can accept a free 30 day trial of it and has a button to click to do so if I decide to go that route. I've only starting using it within the last couple of days, and only on my cell.

When the app cuts off, I get no error, it just gives me a tone, flashes to what looks like a blank webpage opening up for a second, and then either closes the app or goes back to the collections page. Sometimes it closes it off completely and other times it goes back to the empty collections page.

It happens when I'm listening to music and ad I search through then by hitting the next button on a song I'm currently playing. It happens whether I'm listening to a radio station or an album. It's every 3 to 10 minutes, sometimes less than 3 minutes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @Hiscombatwife.

I'm happy to clarify about the sessions and help troubleshoot.

Complimentary Premium Sessions:

Complimentary sessions are not considered a "trial", it's more of a session where you can watch an advertisement in order to listen to an album, playlist, or song on-demand. We do offer longer trials (30-day, 60-day, etc). 

If you're listening to an album with a free Pandora account, you're enabling a complimentary session of Premium.

To start a new session, simply search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content (album, playlist, or song).

Duration of Complimentary Premium Sessions:

We're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

++

Trouble Listening:

Would you mind trying out these steps

Let me know if this helps with the issue you're experiencing. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos