cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listen without app on Android

offdisc
Local Performer

I am travelling with my friend.  He does not want to install new apps on his phone (provided by his work, so limited to what he can install).How can we listen to Pandora using just the browser?  It seems as if Pandora is forcing all mobile users to download the app. Is that true?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @offdisc. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. Unfortunately, we do not offer listening through a web browser from a mobile device.

From an Android Device:

In order to listen to the Pandora app from an Android device, you would need to download the app from the Google Play Store or Amazon AppStore (depending on your device). 

You can find out more about how to install the Pandora app on Android devices in this help page article.

iOS Devices:

If you're using an Apple iOS device, you would need to download from the Appstore. 

To install the Pandora app from an iOS device, please check out these steps.

++

Feature Request:

If you'd like to see this option offered, I would recommend creating a feature request. To express your interest, don't forget to click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

For more information about how feature requests work in the Pandora Community, please check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"

I hope this information is helpful. Safe travels! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @offdisc. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. Unfortunately, we do not offer listening through a web browser from a mobile device.

From an Android Device:

In order to listen to the Pandora app from an Android device, you would need to download the app from the Google Play Store or Amazon AppStore (depending on your device). 

You can find out more about how to install the Pandora app on Android devices in this help page article.

iOS Devices:

If you're using an Apple iOS device, you would need to download from the Appstore. 

To install the Pandora app from an iOS device, please check out these steps.

++

Feature Request:

If you'd like to see this option offered, I would recommend creating a feature request. To express your interest, don't forget to click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

For more information about how feature requests work in the Pandora Community, please check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"

I hope this information is helpful. Safe travels! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Fuggoff
Local Performer

If there is a standard/desktop Pandora site then we should be able to access it from our phones. Forcing us to use an app and barring use of standard alternatives is pretty ridiculous. 

It seems like there is an Alterior motive.

Khggggyyuhgyggt
Local Performer

Ad blockers wrecking their revenue