cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Playlists Won't Download with Premium

T4T2FR34K
Underground

...isn't working for me. It shows the 2 circled arrows w/green background icon but fails to actually commence downloading. I know in the past the icon actually would rotate to denote downloading and when finished would display the arrow down w/green background and work fine. Not sure if it has any bearing, but I removed all my playlists a few days ago to deal with a storage issue and now I cannot redownload even an 18 song list. I have read that the last 500mb will never be used, but I'm talking with over a GB of space and it won't initiate the actual download. I've tried all the android troubleshooting stuff (i.e. clear cash and other help topics) with nothing working...thanks for any help anyone can provide...

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
47 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Eli_89! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Offline playlists won't download on Premium

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us out. Can you do me a favor and please take a screenshot of what you see in your offline content. 

It looks like you may have already signed in and out, which should have reset the download process. Would you also mind clearing the app data for me and trying again. 

To clear the app data:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps and you may need to re-download some of your offline content.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

I had recently had to remove the offline files to free up some space but when I try to redownload the created playlists the application will not download them as well as a couple other created playlists such as "your happy playlist" or others like them.  I'm on Android and it's fully up to date, what other options do I have?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alchron I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Offline Playlists Won't Download with Premium

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

I did re-log back into the device and had it redownload the playlists and stations, seems that it resolved the issue.  I originally just did the deletion of offline files and it didn't resolve the issue but now it has.  However, any of the playlists that update on certain days have appeared to not update its song selection (rainy day, hypnotic, etc) when this was done.  Is there a way to get those reset so that the ones for Sunday and the ones for Monday update as well?

0 Kudos

Nwagler19
Local Performer

I'm still having this issue It **ahem** a friend paid 60$ for a gift on it for nothing it feels

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Nwagler19. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. I can help explain what's happening.

I do see that you've also been in contact with a member of our User Support team via email. If you didn't receive their message, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Looks like you've enabled complimentary sessions of Premium while having an annual Plus subscription. Here's more information about how free Premium sessions work: Premium Sessions

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

That being said, since you're in a session when attempting to download a playlist, your playlist is removed when the Premium session ends. 

++

Would you prefer to have Premium instead? If you'd prefer to try Premium immediately, I can expire your gift subscription today and offer you half of the time you had left in complimentary Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you can find the benefits of each subscription tier: Pandora Subscriptions

Let me know, and I can have someone send over another email to get you set up. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Austins612
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. Also my downloads randomly disappear and I can't re-download 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Austins612. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Something to note, Pandora won't use the last 500 MB of your storage. Is it possible that this this could be related to your storage? 

Let's try resetting the download process by signing out of the app and signing back in.

Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. 

I would recommend doing a song or two to see how that goes and then move on to the playlists. Sometimes with larger playlists, it could take longer to download. 

++

Device Details:

If the issues persist, would you mind sharing your device details? I can provide your feedback and device details to our engineering team. 

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos