cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old podcast episodes no longer available.

troyschlicker
Local Performer

I used to be able to access old podcast episodes.  However while there is still a link to allow access when I click on it a blank screen comes up.  If I sort the episodes oldest to newest the episodes from 4 years ago show up so I know they're still there but I can't access them. Very frustrating. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @troyschlicker. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Which podcast(s) are you noticing this with?
  • Are you receiving any error messages?
  • Would you mind taking a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    • I can send over steps to take the screenshot, feel free to let me know what device you're using.

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

troyschlicker
Local Performer

20200511_121213.jpg

Screenshot_20200511-121052_Pandora.jpg

 Specifically with the Garyvee Audio Experience. When I select see all episodes it gives me a black screen and I used to be able to view all of these.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@troyschlicker Thanks for sending that screenshot over.

Can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps listed on our help page to see if that resolves this?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

troyschlicker
Local Performer

Hey Adam, unfortunately that did not solve the problem and I still can not access the old podcast episodes. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@troyschlicker I'd like to report this on your behalf. 

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can pass this along to our team to review further. Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

troyschlicker
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Carrier: Verizon Wireless 

Android Version: 10

Builder Number: QP1A.190711.020.G965USQS7DTD1

Android Security Patch: April 1, 2020

Pandora Version: 2004.2.1

It happens when connected to both Wi-Fi and celluar.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@troyschlicker Appreciate you taking the time to send this over.

I've shared this information with our engineering time. 

Thanks for your patience while they look into this! 

0 Kudos

vballkarl
Local Performer

I began listening to the SYMIHC podcast a few months ago, starting with the oldest episode and working my way toward the most recent ones. I only have about 1400 episodes left 🙂 Unfortunately a week or so ago I could no longer scroll through the episodes on my Pandora app. The first ten episodes still show up but when I click on "See all episodes" nothing shows up. It still works fine in my computer browser but I typically listen to the podcasts on my phone so that's why it's an issue.

While we're at it, I'm not sure why Pandora doesn't have their app set up to automatically go to the episode I left off at in a podcast when I click on that podcast, no matter what. Granted, it does go to the episode I left off at if I haven't used Pandora to listen to anything else but, believe it or not, I use Pandora for podcasts AND music. 

Let me know if anyone knows a fix to either of these issues. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @vballkarl. 👋

Sorry for the trouble with your podcast episodes. I moved your post over to this thread: Old podcast episodes no longer available 

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix for this. In the meantime, I've shared your feedback on the ticket we have open for this! 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

0 Kudos