cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora App not available on Android Play Store

Sherriff
Local Performer

I'm trying to install the Pandora app on my partner's new Pixel 3A but the option does not show in the Google Play store. When I look for Pandora download from Chrome and try to install, we get a message to the effect that Pandora is not available in this country (and we're currently in USA). She has just changed from an Iphone that had Pandora but somehow her Google account thinks she is based out of the USA (Australia, I suspect as we spend alot of time there). My new Pixel 3A XL has transferred over my Pandora app from my old Android phone even though mine is an Australian based Google account. This tells me there must be a way to trick Pandora and get the app onto her Pixel 3A if I can have it on mine!? It's weird: I did a search of Pandora on my Google Play in my Pixel 3A XL and it doesn't show there but I have it installed and working on the same phone here in the US. Any advice would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Sherriff!

In order to download Pandora, you'll need to make sure your billing address, payment method, and shipping address in the Google Play Store indicate that you are in the United States.

You can verify this information using the following steps:

1. Sign into your Google Play account here
  2. If you haven't previously added a payment method to your account, please add a credit card to the Play Store with a billing address that matches your country location.
  3. If you already have a credit card on file with Google Play, select the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
  4. Select Edit next to the Home Address listed and update the address. Tip: this is different from the Address Book which holds your shipping addresses.
  5. Open the Google Play website and navigate to any paid item available for download.
    Note: You will not need to complete the purchase.
  6. Click to begin the download.
  7. Close Google Play and clear your browser cache (if you're on a computer).
  8. Wait 30 minutes.
  9. Re-open the Google Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches the country you're located in.

If you have any trouble with these steps, you can get in touch with the Google Play support team directly, and they should be able to help you.

Hope this info is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Sherriff!

In order to download Pandora, you'll need to make sure your billing address, payment method, and shipping address in the Google Play Store indicate that you are in the United States.

You can verify this information using the following steps:

1. Sign into your Google Play account here
  2. If you haven't previously added a payment method to your account, please add a credit card to the Play Store with a billing address that matches your country location.
  3. If you already have a credit card on file with Google Play, select the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
  4. Select Edit next to the Home Address listed and update the address. Tip: this is different from the Address Book which holds your shipping addresses.
  5. Open the Google Play website and navigate to any paid item available for download.
    Note: You will not need to complete the purchase.
  6. Click to begin the download.
  7. Close Google Play and clear your browser cache (if you're on a computer).
  8. Wait 30 minutes.
  9. Re-open the Google Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches the country you're located in.

If you have any trouble with these steps, you can get in touch with the Google Play support team directly, and they should be able to help you.

Hope this info is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Sherriff
Local Performer

Thanks Alyssa, I'll try this... I just hope to doesn't have an affect on Australian apps already in the phone..