cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora doesn't launch automatically

Johnpool
Local Performer

why does Pandora not play automatically when it says it is ready to launch automatically?

this works and starts playing automatically sometimes and other times I have to unlock my phone and tap on the Pandora app that is already locked open

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnpool I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Can you also send me a screenshot where it says it's ready to launch automatically?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Johnpool
Local Performer

I have some screenshots to share with you to further explain my issue, this site says I do not have permission to upload images or more than likely I just don't know what I am doing!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Sorry for any confusion @Johnpool, please attach any screenshots or images by using the camera icon on top for better results. (View images below)

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 8.55.52 AM.png

Additionally, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Let us know!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Johnpool
Local Performer

Screenshot_20230205_104802_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230206_064559_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230205_104729_One UI Home.jpgok so I am trying to listen to music in my truck through a fm reciever, (ROAV) and am using my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra to play the media.

first picture just shows that I have Pandora locked open, 2nd picture is what is on my notification when music does not auto play, when this happens I have to unlock my phone click on notification to like reboot the app? and then it will play.

3rd picture is what my notification shows when the auto play works as it should and will start playing automatically without having to do anything with my phone

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Johnpool 

Glad you were able to attach those screenshot successfully and thanks for the feedback!

Let's try managing your auto-start settings through Pandora:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Scroll down and toggle the switch next to Enable Auto-Start On.

This should enable the auto-start feature when launching Pandora.

++++

If you still continue to experience issues after enabling it, I suggest performing our Android Troubleshooting steps and trying again.

In addition, I suggest browsing around our Automotive space for some more information and related topics, since this issue pertains when playing Pandora in your truck.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos