cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED - 07/19/24) - Android: Buffering and Skipping

BrianaLindsey94
Local Performer

I keep having issues with buffering. I have done all the steps, reset pandora, cleared cache, restarted phone, reinstalled pandora and i just keep having buffering. Been going on for a week. 

I have ATT

mod edit: changed title for clarity + merged comments

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07.19.24): Hey everyone 👋

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated.

We believe that this issue has now been resolved.

Please try listening on your Android device again and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Pandora Update (07.17.24): Hi everyone! 👋

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates right here.

Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

jordanlamborn
Underground

Version 2406.1

I've pretty much always had issues with the pandora app not skipping or pausing when I use the lock screen. 

I've un-installed reinstalled the app several times. I've cleared the cache. 

Sometimes play/pause, Skip works, sometimes it doesn't. I've never figured out the rhyme or reason. 

Lately, when I start pandora it takes a long time to load. There's a buffering circling. 

This is on wifi and over phone network. Sometimes a song will play and the next song takes several seconds to begin. I live in an area with good service. I should not being having these issues. I like pandora but the app issues are highly discouraging and I'm very close to giving up. 

Amberfaye90
Local Performer

Ever since the update on my galaxy 22+ my pandora all keeps buffering and skipping songs and also won't let me skip songs sometimes. I have to close the app to choose a different song but even then it'll buffer before changing to a different song. Been going on for about 2 weeks ago. I Uninstalled, and reinstalled, signed out and back in, updated pandora app. I'm at a loss of what to do next. But I'm about close my account after years if I can't use it the way I want to. The buffering is worse than the commercials I pay to skip

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BrianaLindsey94 @Amberfaye90 @jordanlamborn. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you confirm your wireless carriers?

Let me know, and I can report this issue over to our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (08.05.24)

ssalguero3
Local Performer

I'm having the same constant buffering issue. I'm on Cricket wireless.

Galadhlinn
Local Performer

I have a Oneplus 12 Pro (android) with Pandora Premium (10 years).

I can see the cell tower and have 5 bars 5g, always. I have an AT&T business account with priority bandwidth, always. I have Starlink satellite and have 4 bars wifi outside by house. Every evening now Pandora buffers every song for the first 5-7 songs and then seems fine. This happens both on wifi and on 5G cellular. It is a pain! What happened?

Sysdemon71
Underground

I am having the same issues with buffering. It just started about 2 or 3 days ago and is progressively getting worse. Every other music app on my phone works perfect. I currently have AT&t and a very strong signal in my area.

0 Kudos

NoCoDan
Underground

Same issue for my wife and I. We have AT&T. Constant buffering, freezing, skipping songs.

Same. It's beyond frustrating. 

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

Otakuassurito22
Local Performer

Having the same issue for the last week or 2. Have AT&T

0 Kudos

Jms2
Local Performer

It keeps buffering plays one song buffers for the rest close it out clean catches redownloaded app and it's an s22 I just need help I want to listen to my music

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Please try listening on your Android device again and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Pandora Update (07.17.24): Hi everyone! 👋

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates right here.

Thanks for your patience!

Sysdemon71
Underground

I am using a Galaxy S24+ and I have AT&T and have 4 - 5 bars all the time. Happens on Cellular and happens alot lately ( past 2 weeks or so ). Right now, as I am listening to Pandora on my computer via WiFi, it has stopped playing and is buffering as we speak. Just started about 2 weeks ago. I have done all the android troubleshooting steps and nothing worked. Prior to this, I never had any issues on Cellular or WiFi..  

0 Kudos

BrianaLindsey94
Local Performer

I have ATT

Mr_Ballardo
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE and I've been having these issues since February and it's been an on-going situation. There's times when I press pause to stop the music playing and it still continues to play when having it on pause. Then when I want to skip a song, it won't skip until the song ends. It's been 5 months already and still nothing been fixed yet.

I'm hoping just by cleaning out the data and cache actually does a difference. But if this continues, it should be resolved quickly as possible. It shouldn't take another month or more to fix this issue.

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

STIML8
Local Performer

Feeling ISOLATED. 

....like to stay "current "

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (08.05.24)
0 Kudos

NoCoDan
Underground

Mine seemed to run fine yesterday. Thank you.

Sysdemon71
Underground

Mine seems to be playing good as well. So far so good. 

jordanlamborn
Underground

At&t is my carrier

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jordanlamborn To clarify, are you still experiencing issues with the app buffering and skipping?

Or is this now resolved for you?

Let me know.

0 Kudos