cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlist Shuffle Plays Same Songs

Kilazar
Underground

I am on a pixel 2 XL And have this problem. Over 1k songs in "my collection" downloaded. And when I press shuffle songs it seems to just rotate the same 60 songs.

I have redownloaded all songs several times. Deleted and reinstalled Pandora. And cleared cache. I am sick of redownloding all the songs I had tagged for download. So this is my last resort before giving up on the service.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kilazar. 👋

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community. I moved your post over to a separate thread in the Android section.

It sounds like you've run through the normal troubleshooting steps for Android devices. In the meantime, I'd like to report your issue/feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Pixel 2XL
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

Kilazar
Underground

Carrier is Google fi

I have the issue on wifi, cell, and in offline mode.

Security level not available

Build QQ3A.200705.002

Pandora very 2008.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kilazar Thanks so much! I've passed this information along to the appropriate party on your behalf.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

frankp2004
Local Performer

I have about a thousand songs on my playlist, but when I play them on a random selection, I usually hear the same 150 or so songs. Is there a way to get all the songs to play so I am not hearing the same songs over and over?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frankp2004 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue: Playlist Shuffle Plays Same Songs

I recommend trying out the steps linked here to see if they resolve this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience trouble with tracks repeating when shuffling your playlist, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Also can you please let me know the name of the playlist this happens with?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝