cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

ConradS
Local Performer

I'm also having the issue someone else mentioned where I get a notification something is playing but nothing is actually playing for WEEKS. It just says playing media or something and like title/title or something. But it wouldn't play music. And when mine flipped out I kept swiping away and that popped up and I didn't realize they were connected, I assumed a tab I had open was doing it

Mizzou5440
Underground

I'm just going to delete the app until a fix is available.

Bu11
Underground

So far the the fix that worked for me other than uninstalling the app is to put it to deep sleep till they fix it (Samsung Fold 5)

Loppdak
Local Performer

I have two of the exact same phones and it is happening to both phones as well as when the phone is restarted Pandora will actually start playing instead of just chilling in the background.

• Your device model: Galaxy S21
  • Carrier: Verizon and uscellular
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Pandora version:  2308.1 (ANDROID-TURNER23081005)
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: all day on 9/20/23
0 Kudos

RubRsidedown
Local Performer

Happened to me at 3am this morning.

Samsung S20 Ultra T-Mobile
I am hoping there is a fix soon because I hate to have to delete it.

Jeff B  In Maine

0 Kudos

JoesTT600
Underground

Happened to me (again) at 11:29pm last night. 10,000 Fists is a great song, but not when I'm asleep. I am getting close to uninstalling Pandora and using Spotify.

• Your device model: Galaxy S20 FE 5G
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version: 13
  • Pandora version: 2308.1 (ANDROID-TURNER23081005)
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: 11:29 PST 9/19/2023
0 Kudos

Heimdalwk
Local Performer

I am having this issue as well.  The app is not even running in the background.  It will pop up on the banner of the locked screen and I will have to pause to swipe and close it and it has returned sometimes almost immediately after I close it(from the banner its not open when I unlock and check background apps).  This has been happening for at least a week now. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g

AT&T

Android version: 13

Pandora version: 2308.1

9/12 - present

0 Kudos

n1h1l1st
Local Performer

Your device model: Samsung Galaxy S20

Carrier: ATT

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1

The approximate date / time this occurred: around 9/15

0 Kudos

Yournotme
Local Performer

I started having this issue on Sunday at 2:33 am.  It has happened everyday since at 2:33 am.  I rebooted the phone like other users did and once I login pandora starts playing.  I have noticed its starting to get worse and open itself more times throughout the day.  But like clock work it opens at 2:33 am cst.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version: 13 one UI 5.1

Pandora: 2308.1

Started opening itself at 2:33 am September 17, 2023

Last update to pandora was August 31, 2023

The only app that updated 4 days ago that I could see causing this is Andriod Auto.  I wasn't having the issue after pandora updated on the 31st.  I do pay for premium.

0 Kudos

BrianP
Local Performer

Just an FYI.

The fact that Pandora randomly starts on its own and begins playing music is a frustrating one for sure, but there is something I noted today about it happening that may or may not be important. It is something you should check out though especially if you've already been working on this issue since 2013.

Most of the time that I use Pandora is when I'm on the road driving. Since I use Android phones (Samsung S20,S21 Ultra,S22 Ultra, and now the S23 Ultra), I use Android Auto and play Pandora through Android Auto. 

I've not used Pandora with Android Auto for a few months and I've not had an issue with Pandora randomly playing music during this same period of time.  Today is the first time I've played Pandora through Android Auto in all those months and tonight, Pandora has randomly started playing multiple times on its own after I physically closed the app. 

I just forced it to close and cleared the cache and I wonder if it'll happen again until the next time I use it with Android Auto.

Before you point the finger at Google and Android Auto, please check and make sure other people have experienced the same issues, especially since I know this happens on iOS devices too and I know they don't use Android Auto.

Thanks, BP

0 Kudos

Mizzou5440
Underground
I don't even have android auto.
0 Kudos

Terboed
Local Performer

Same thing happening to me. It's super frustrating. It will just start playing. App isn't even open in the tray. I have to open the app then swipe it away for it to stop. Last night my S22 updated and upon unlocking it when I woke up this morning, boom it started playing. Woke the wife up. You guys need to fix this ASAP.

Galaxy S22 sm-s901u

T-Mobile

Android 13

Pandora version 2308.1

Been happening for a while now probably a few months. Everytime it does it the app is not open. I have to open the app to swipe it away.

0 Kudos

Benagain22
Local Performer

I FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!

• Go to your pandora app.

• Press and hold until the app option menu appears.

• Press the "ⓘ" icon in the top right.

• Press "notifications".

• Press "notification categories "

• "Uncheck" or "grey out" all options

This fixed my issue. I hope this helps others 

• Galaxy s10+
  • Verizon
  • Android version 12
  • Pandora version 2308.1

9/17/23-9/20/23 4 A.M. (or when phone restarts)

@Pandora feel free to contact me for more info (or to show me some love lol) 

mod edit: format + removed personal info

AquaMom
Local Performer

Mine just started doing that today and it's really annoying 

DMEYE053
Local Performer

I also am dealing with the app randomly starting. I have my audio down all the time but I can see it running after it's closed and I don't have premium. 

0 Kudos

JAMES524
Local Performer

For the last 2 nights, my phone has started. Playing music at 2 o'clock in the morning. Is there a recent for this to be happening? Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

0 Kudos

idaknowradio
Local Performer

Subscription since nearly inception. Please fix this or I'm out.

0 Kudos

aladent
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with the Pandora not being able to close out and starting randomly. I have a Samsung s20

0 Kudos

jazzymia
Local Performer

This has been happening for 2 days straight at like 3am 😩

• Your device model: Pixel 6
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version: 13
  • Pandora version: 2308.1 (ANDROID-TURNER23081005)
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: 3 am ET 9/20 and 21/2023

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos

jalovell123
Local Performer

Android user here. I Turn my phone on and pandora automatically starts playing. Then I have to click on pandora app to turn it off. Very annoying 

0 Kudos