cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

listener332a
Local Performer

This happened to me last night, waking me several times. I finally had to Uninstall the app so I could get some sleep. Galaxy S20.

0 Kudos

Rusty4
Underground
I got an android update today, and upon restarting, the first thing that happened was Pandora playing without being opened.
0 Kudos

Lmuse96
Local Performer

I have the same issue. Started Saturday with a loud wake up at 11:30 pm. Didn't know what happened, then woke up this morning and Pandora was playing, I happened to have volume down so it did not wake me. Google search lead me to this thread. I have a Galaxy Note 20 5g.

Lil' Wayne sacred the **ahem** out of me Saturday night. This is annoying but reading which artist  terrified folks out of thier sleep has been pretty funny:) 

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Noneyah
Underground

Having the same issue.

For me, it wasn't an issue for a long time and suddenly became one a few days ago. Mostly it happens on phone startup, but it occasionally has happened at other times as well.

I don't even have the option to turn autostart on/off to begin with. This happened either because of the android update I got around the same time or because of an update to something else. It's either going to right itself soon somehow, or pandora is going bye bye. I got rid of Spotify for the same reason and haven't gone back. I've had pandora forever and would hate to do it, but I hate having glitchy apps that make a lot of noise at inopportune time even more. 😒 

Ferg112
Local Performer

Having the same issue.   It starts playing music by itself but doesn't show as a running app, so I then have to click on the app on my home screen, once it loads I have to kill it.   Pretty embarrassing to have your Pandora start playing music at work, talking to your boss.  

0 Kudos

Gbshaun
Local Performer

Twice this past week my phone suddenly started playing music through the Pandora app in the early hours. I hadn't used it since the previous afternoon and I believe I shut the app down.

How do I prevent this?

As you can imagine this didn't go down well with my partner, so If I can't find a solution I'll have to remove the app, but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks

Shaun - Samsung Flip Z3

onewhitescott
Local Performer

How inconsiderate if Pandora engineers knew there is no way to turn off Pandora once opened.  How incompetent if the engineers didn't know the problem existed.

nashuaslick
Local Performer

This has started happening to me too on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Just starts playing.  Scared the hell out of me in the middle of the night.

I've noticed this happens when I ask Alexa to turn off a light and I'm plugged into the charger.

0 Kudos

Mutzel
Local Performer

I also have this problem, and it has woken me late at night just the same. Is there an update to this issue?

laxpinkie
Local Performer

Same as all others. Pandora turns on in the middle of the night randomly, waking me up. 

Would be nice for there to be a fix versus being told there's a fix yet still having it happen to a whole thread of so many people (plus a ton I'm sure that didn't write in). 🙄

Sissi_latin
Local Performer

Im having the same issue, It started last week too. Dont know what else to do and I dont want to deleted from my phone.

0 Kudos

Dougstras
Underground

Is it me, or is Pandora being awfully quiet on this topic. If they are discussing it, I'm not seeing it. As far as I can tell this thread is about 22 days old and people are still complaining about it. Does Pandora monitor it's members feedback, or did they create this space so we wouldn't complain elsewhere, like every social media outlet available? Now, I'm not a premium subscriber and in most situations, I wouldn't feel justified in **ahem** about the majority of issues that comes with a free app. However, when an app has the ability to take over my phone and launch itself whenever it likes, I have to ask myself; what else is it capable of doing on my phone? Is my personal information compromised? I'm not saying anyone should do this, but If I were a premium subscriber and this is how Pandora treats it's paying customers, I would personally cancel my membership until they at least fix it, offer an apology, and reassure me somehow that my data hasn't been breached. I have already warned all me friends and family members of the situation and about this thread. There is only one thing that these companies can hear and that is the sound of their revenue being flushed down the toilet. I can almost guarantee that they will find a fix when their membership starts dropping off. Again, I'm not saying that everyone should cancel all memberships, or go to every social media outlet and let the world know, or tell every friend and family member about this situation just to get Pandora to do the right thing. I'm just saying that's what I am going to do. 

Marsgirl2
Local Performer

I tried the fixes offered and they did not work. Pandora started at 5:30AMET.

Samsung Galaxy S22, One UI version 5.1

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version- #13

Android Security Patch level 9-1-23

Pandora was also installed and uninstalled yesterday, music started playing this a.m. Now uninstalled until resolved.

0 Kudos

BigMaky
Local Performer

Pandora starts playing when phone resets and when I get in the car. Can't stop it.

Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G SM-N986U

One UI Version : 5.1

Android Version : 13

Carrier: Spectrum Mobile ported over from Verizon

Pandora Version : 2308.1 (ANDROID- THUNDER 23081005)

0 Kudos

Tzxwpwtrq
Local Performer

I deleted this app since it looks like the techs at Pandora don't have a fix yet.

0 Kudos

Orangestar616
Underground

I am having the same issue, Pandora just starts up randomly in the middle of the night on Samsung Galaxy +22 phone. 

0 Kudos

Krue0234
Local Performer

I am having the same issue!  I got a new Samsung S23+ from Verizon and it has been waking me up all night!

0 Kudos

smb2me
Local Performer

Same issue. Two nights in a row Pandora started playing in the middle of the night. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. Deleted app.

Will check back here occasionally for hopefully a solution.

0 Kudos

TechnoTherapist
Underground

Having the same problem since the 8/31 update.  Happening across multiple devices.  Clearing cache/cookies does not resolve.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not resolve.  Force closing the app resolves for a short amount of time, but the app will eventually restart again sometime during the day or night.  It's constantly running in the background.  At this point, I've just set my devices to vibrate only and have started checking to see if Pandora is playing in the background, pausing it, every time I use my devices.

This issue is marked as "solved", when the only resolution listed is that it has been reported to Engineers, more than a week ago, yet the problem still persists.

0 Kudos

Orangestar616
Underground

Wow, and thank you all for the replies. Not sure if I will uninstall or wait for a real fix. 

0 Kudos