cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting / Editing Shuffle List on Plus

georgeb07
Local Performer

It seems the order of my stations (in the Shuffle Options menu) can't be changed.

It used to be in Alphabetical order, or in Most Recently Created. But now it seems to be in order of most time spent listening?

This is super annoying, since I listen to many stations an about equal amount of time, so the order is constantly changing, and I can't easily find my stations to edit the shuffle.

Is there a solution to this?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @georgeb07. 👋

You can sort the shuffle after sorting your stations. The sorting selection carries over to your Shuffle.

• To choose how your stations are sorted, go to the very top of your station list.
  • Select either Recent or A - Z.
  • Once you've chosen how you'd like your stations sorted, you can edit your Shuffle and it will be reflective of how your stations are sorted.

For example, if you sort your stations from A-Z, your Shuffle will be sorted from A-Z when you go to edit your Shuffle selections.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

georgeb07
Local Performer

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but that doesn't seem to work in my app. Changing the sort order of my station list does not affect the Shuffle Edit list.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@georgeb07 Thanks so much for letting me know.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

++

If the troubleshooting steps don't help, would you mind sharing more about your device? I will need to pass this info along to engineering.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Cringus
Underground

This info. is incorrect (for Android at least). The A-Z doe not carry over to shuffle options. It used to like the OP said but now it does not. I have had this same issue for about a year now (Android Pie) I have complained til blue in the face but Pandora will not fix it.... just keep giving you the run around. Good luck.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cringus. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback, and sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. The app should carry over those selections when you go to edit your shuffle. I appreciate you taking the time to post about this as well. I'd like to report this on your behalf directly to engineering.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android 9
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Cringus
Underground

Its the same whether on wifi or not.

I have a Samsung Note 8 with Android 9. Provider is Verizon Wireless. Pandora version 2009.1RC6

Thank you for responding and reporting this. I really hope they fix this.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cringus No problem at all. I'm always happy to help to the best of my ability. Thanks for getting back to me with that information. I'm passing this on to our engineering team on your behalf. 

0 Kudos