cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound stops being output but music keeps playing.

AMLC
Local Performer

Hello, I'm on a Pandora Premium Family Plan and I have a Samsung A10 hooked into a stereo via AUX 3.5mm headphone jack streaming music 24/7. The phone is plugged into AC charger constantly and never leaves its shelf by the stereo. The phone is used for nothing else and doesn't even have an active cellular connection, just WiFi. 

Every few hours or at least as often as every ~12 hours, the music stops being output but the song is still showed as playing and showing playback time counting down. When I hit pause, playback stops. When I hit play again, playback resumes and the sound is being output again. 

So to be clear, the music acts like it's still playing but the sound stops being output. It's not just pausing itself, it shows music as currently playing but the sound just stops for no reason. I've had no error messages or anything else, it just acts like everything is normal. 

To solve the issue I just pause the track and hit play again and the sound comes back. Please advise as this is such an aggravating issue I am about to switch to Spotify. It happens daily and at least once a day I have to go manually pause/unpause to get sound back to being output. 

Thank you for your time!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AMLC. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Are you interacting with the Pandora app during your longer listening sessions? 

You can also try running through the standard troubleshooting steps in this helpful article.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos