cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Experience

Manix
Underground

I want to vent my frustration with Pandora... I have been a user of Pandora since they first arrived. When I got an office job, I paid for the good plan, you know, the one where you can make playlists and have on demand music... Unfortuantly, I dealt with glitch after glitch with the service and finally decided to throw in the towel last week. Playlists were frustrating to make. Deleting stations never worked as planned. EVERY time I start the music, I get the "somebody else is listening to your Pandora account" then I click "Let me listen" and I get to listen to the last song played, again, followed by "someone else is listening...". The app would stop playing when my Bluetooth remote control disconnected (or any device disconnected whether or not it was being used for audio, like my fitness tracker!). I would have to spend extra time telling Pandora I was online, and to not put me in "offline mode". Music would randomly stop playing. The sites would stop responding. This is a service I was paying $10 a month and had nothing but Beta level issues!

Moderator Edit: Edited Title

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iguana-PR Nice to see you around the community!

If you are running into issues with Offline Mode, going thorugh the steps on this page should help. 

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Tuerai
Local Performer

Yeah. If I only ever use Pandora with my phone it works fine with the "somebody else is listening..." but if I ever try to use pianobar on Linux, there's like a multi-hour cooldown before it lets me listen on my phone again.

As far as offline mode, every time I leave my house, if I start Pandora while it's connected to wifi in my driveway still, then I get immediately put in offline mode due to poor signal, and have to kill and restart the app.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Manix @Tuerai  Sorry to hear about your experience.

I went ahead and reached out to our support team and they have informed me that they will contact you soon via email to the email address associated with your Pandora account.

Thanks again for your feedback, and for all your patience with this.

0 Kudos

Manix
Underground

Haaaaaaaaah! I have reached out because of these issues for quite some time. Many of them continued to happen, then I got more issues. This isn't a "Troubleshooting experience" as the moderators changed my title to... This is venting about pandora! Not to mention this is not just an issue in android, but the windows app, and website as well. You guys are not getting my $10 a month any more as spotify has almost the same options for half that price, plus I get hulu and showtime added in. I can also control my media from my computer, app, or phone for each of those devices. If I switch from computer to phone, I can just click a button and keep listening. The app also doesn't stop when a device that is not being used to listen to audio disconnects. I swear I was one of the last loyal pandora users I know. I found better options out there, with less issues.

Moderator edit: format

Iguana-PR
Underground

I agree.  I am on the $10 plan and the "upgrades" to the Android app makes it dumber.   I am also experiencing the "Pandora if offline" event though I use it on my mobile phone with an unlimited data plan and 4G connection.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iguana-PR Nice to see you around the community!

If you are running into issues with Offline Mode, going thorugh the steps on this page should help. 

Let us know if you continue to have trouble.