cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: UI on large screen (ThinkPhone) is missing functions

i4n3
Underground

This year, I started using a motorola ThinkPhone after having been on iOS for over 10 years. This thing is bigger than any phablet I've ever had my hands on, and I love it. iOS is still my preferred platform, but this is serving its purpose extremely well for where I am right now.

I get the sense that Pandora soon will be redesigned to complement the new dimensions of screens on other large devices, foldables, and tablets too as they excitingly return. However, I am experiencing some functional issues with the GUI as it displays on my phone.

I am subscribed to Premium. I don't know if there are any similar issues on standard or Plus, as I haven't used those versions on any current Android device. But here are several things I've run into that are not so intuitive.

I'd really appreciate it if these were fixed. There are a lot of screenshots in this post, and I'm not 100% sure how this will look after I post. You should be able to expand each image. Above each group of screenshots, I wrote small amount of detail text, including a caption for individual images as well.

When I am listening to a playlist track with the device in portrait, there is barely any room for me to grab the track scrubber with my finger. I can't actually physically see the scrubber whenever I'm able to successfully grab it because it's covered by my finger.

Instead of dedicated buttons, my device has a swipe-up-for-home design. When I swipe up from the bottom of the screen to switch apps or go home, sometimes I accidentally grab the scrubber or unintentionally seek to a spot that I didn't intend to.

Playlist, portrait, showing track scrubber placementPlaylist, portrait, showing track scrubber placement Playlist, portrait, menu open, for referencePlaylist, portrait, menu open, for reference
Playlist, landscape, menu openPlaylist, landscape, menu open

For a rather odd and particular issue, "I'm tired of this song" is missing in at least two instances.

On the shuffle station, "I'm tired of this song" does not appear at all:

Shuffle station, portraitShuffle station, portrait Shuffle station, portrait, menu open with no "I'm tired of this track" buttonShuffle station, portrait, menu open with no "I'm tired of this track" button
Shuffle station, landscape, for referenceShuffle station, landscape, for reference
Shuffle station, landscape, menu open with no "I'm tired of this track" buttonShuffle station, landscape, menu open with no "I'm tired of this track" button

On Thumbprint Radio, "I'm tired of this song" only shows up when the device is in portrait:

Thumbprint Radio, portrait, for referenceThumbprint Radio, portrait, for reference Thumbprint Radio, portrait, with "I'm tired of this track"Thumbprint Radio, portrait, with "I'm tired of this track"
Thumbprint Radio, landscape, for referenceThumbprint Radio, landscape, for reference
Thumbprint Radio, landscape, no "I'm tired of this track" buttonThumbprint Radio, landscape, no "I'm tired of this track" button

On a random station I picked, "I'm tired of this song" appears in both portrait and landscape.

Station, portrait, menu openStation, portrait, menu open
Station, menu open, landscapeStation, menu open, landscape

Finally, more of a cosmetic issue than anything, album art looks so much better when the album is open rather than the actual player.

Album, portrait, track listAlbum, portrait, track list Album, portrait, playerAlbum, portrait, player
Album, landscape, track listAlbum, landscape, track list
Album, landscape, playerAlbum, landscape, player
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing this detailed feedback along with the screenshots, @i4n3. This is very helpful and I will be passing this along to the appropriate party on your behalf. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos