cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fast-forward through songs

Dodi1982
Local Performer

Hello,

Have a pandora premium family plan and I am not able to fast forward in songs? understand that I should be able to do so correct? have a Note 8 and running latest pandora upgrade

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dodi1982 I moved your post to the Android space to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, you will be able to fast forward through songs that you are streaming on demand.

However, you won't be able to scrub through tracks that are playing when listening to one of your regular radio stations.

To clarify, are you unable to scrub through specific songs that you search for and play?

If so, can you please provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you are seeing?

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos

Dodi1982
Local Performer

Hello Adam,

Got it I can see I can fast forward with a song on demand but would like to be able to fast forward let's say I look up Tu Pac and play station like you said want to be able to fast forward within any track.

Basically would like to fast forward option for any song unless it is live radio like on Spotify.

Please consider.

Also I had another post about asap Pandora needs to give option to save songs to SD Card, quality of save possibly ?

Thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback, @Dodi1982.

We completely understand where you're coming from. At this time, those aren't features of Pandora but we appreciate you taking the time to speak up about what you'd like to see implemented.

We do have two existing feature requests for the options you mentioned, if you'd like to check them out.

You can share your vote for these two requests by leaving a comment and clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title on the main Feature Request page. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Gmwizard
Local Performer

Just do what I do, say I want to find good songs from a station mix or artist.... thumbs up about 100 songs and just keep skipping to the next song. Then go to the playlist it creates, now you can scrub through the songs 🙂 you can take the songs you like and add them to a new playlist. Then just swipe left to delete the thumbs up playlist you used to just scrub through songs. Have a great day !

0 Kudos

MontanaActual
Local Performer

Still not added in 2022. Need to have the ability to scroll forward during streaming station and increase audio quality to 320kbps, not 192... Spotify offers both of these things. I don't like Spotify but it sounds better so I listen to it more often and pay for it rather than Pandora. I was a fan for a long time, but you guys got some catching up to do.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MontanaActual. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. It's helpful in order for us to improve the Pandora service for all listeners. 

Feature Requests:

You've probably seen my post earlier in this thread, but you can upvote this existing idea if you haven't already: Scrubbing when listening to a station on Premium

• For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"
  • If you have any suggestions or features you'd like to see implemented, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can search for other suggestions or post your own here: Feature Requests

++

Audio Quality:

We are constantly testing and evaluating what the right rates are for each setting level and do plan to migrate our high audio quality to 320kbps AAC over time.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

MontanaActual
Local Performer

Sounds good! Hopefully these issues gain some ground. I know I've been on reddit and seen the same complaints brought up for a while now. I enjoy Pandora, but I think it has some catching up to do in those areas. Don't change anything else lol. I love the layout and offline mode stations as well as downloads. I just want better quality and skipping forward 😉

reaumoo
Local Performer

Not being able to fast forward while on radio, and no back button (even on lock screen) are curious limitations that seem to only drive away customers, like me.

0 Kudos