cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Decreases When Song Changes

seperis
Local Performer

Same problem as in this post but in the app: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Desktop/Sound-Increases-after-a-song/td-p/24480

Each time the track changes automatically, there are three very fast clicking sounds that almost run together as if something is happening and the volume is low.

If I hit pause and then play again, there are three clicking sounds running together then another set of clicking sounds, two or three, that also run together a second later, then the volume goes back to normal for that track.

If I change the track manually, there are three clicking sounds running together then another set of clicking sounds, two or three, that also run together a second later, and the volume on the new track is normal, until the next automatic track change.

This is not occurring in any other music app I use, including Amazon music, when tracks automatically change, nor is there weird clicking.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @seperis. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos

seperis
Local Performer

Yeah, that didn't work. I just got a new S21 and ran through the same steps there.  Every new track stays soft until I pause it and then hit play.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@seperis Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?
  • Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.
0 Kudos

Utahguy
Local Performer

Was this ever figured out. I have the same issue. 

S20

0 Kudos

Randysing68
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem.  Was there ever a fix found?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Randysing68. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineering team. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos