cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Something has gone wrong" Error

flaskaworld
Local Performer

When trying to play anything but a station I get this message.

Galaxy s20 ultra.    Android 11.      Version 2011.1 of android.    "Something has gone wrong in pandora. Try again in the app.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @flaskaworld. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your device.

If you haven't already, let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Android device. From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @flaskaworld. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your device.

If you haven't already, let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Android device. From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

2. Tap Apps
  4. Select Storage

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

greivehardware
Underground

oops something went wrong. this situatioin has to stop.  i tried clearing cash and nothing works this just keeps happening   very frustrating.  please help   i dont want to switch to another service.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @greivehardware. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Looks like you've been in touch with a member of our team via email. Someone has reached out to you via email and is awaiting your reply. If you didn't receive the message, please try checking your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 

++

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• Which device are you using?
  • Are you using an Android device? Or, the Windows Desktop App for Pandora?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Bobbicolbath75
Local Performer

Why does my padora randomly stop when im listening to music? It will come up and say "something went wrong, please try again" It doesthis all thetime.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bobbicolbath75! Welcome to community.

Can you please send a screenshot of the error message the next time you see it. Let me know if you need steps on how to do this.

In the meantime, let's try some troubleshooting steps for your Android. First, please clear the Pandora app data using the following steps:

Please note: You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.

2. Tap Apps
  4. Select Storage

Second, please check to see if any battery optimization features are disabled. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Note: Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos