cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Playback stops

BiggE72
Local Performer

My pandora plays 20-30% of a song then stops and changes songs and I have to hit play.

Something called SGL just popped up on my phone when this started. 

It works just fine on my Bluetooth speaker at work. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

BiggE72
Local Performer

I'm connected with a USB to C cable

I'm using Android Auto. 

Pandora version 2304.1

I was suggested to unpair and delete the connection to my truck on both. I did and found my phone installed in my truck twice. After that it was still stopping the music and resetting. So I uninstalled Pandora and reinstalled.  That seemed to help as it didn't stop playing and reset Pandora any more. 

Now, it (Android Auto) shuts off as though it was disconnected but the phone is still charging. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

trbrowne13
Local Performer

Having a similar issue with my Mach-e, also Ford. It will connect, play a portion of the song, then disconnect, reconnect, start playing a portion of a new song, disconnect, repeat. I found if I keep my phone unlocked and with the Pandora app open on my phone, it will display a crash message on the phone, but will play the whole current song before disconnecting in the car.

My temp solution has been to clear the Pandora app's cache and then force close the app. Once it reconnects, it will then work for that session. This means I need to do that each time I turn on the vehicle.

You referenced "SGL", but any chance it's SDL (Smart Device Link)?

https://smartdevicelink.com/en/guides/android/frequently-asked-questions/sdl-notifications/

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BiggE72  and @trbrowne13! Thanks for posting!

Can you let me know the following info about your experience:

• How are you connected to your Ford, USB or Bluetooth?
  • Are you connected using Android Auto or PandoraLink?
  • Which Pandora version are you on? Let me know if you need help finding this.

Thanks for the help, and sorry about the inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blondie1570
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue since connecting thru SDL. I'm using USB in my vehicle but didn't have issue until SDL showed up. Pandora 2304.1.  Not sure if its running thru Android Auto or Pandora Link...have both on my vehicle. Shows on my phone in the app. No issue with any other devices (phone, Alexa, laptop)

0 Kudos

BiggE72
Local Performer

I'm connected with a USB to C cable

I'm using Android Auto. 

Pandora version 2304.1

I was suggested to unpair and delete the connection to my truck on both. I did and found my phone installed in my truck twice. After that it was still stopping the music and resetting. So I uninstalled Pandora and reinstalled.  That seemed to help as it didn't stop playing and reset Pandora any more. 

Now, it (Android Auto) shuts off as though it was disconnected but the phone is still charging. 

0 Kudos