cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto - Someone else is listening message

Ushdaul
Underground

I sometimes get this message once I plug my phone into my car (USB) after about 30-60 seconds of starting a song. It sometimes happens once, it sometimes happens up to three times in first five minutes. It usually goes away after that. There is no one else logging into my account. It has been going on for months now. I'm guessing there is some app glitch where the phone and car are both accessing it or something like that. Samsung Galaxy S9+ up to date (new security update today and it still does it). Car is 2018 Dodge Challenger.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Ushdaul

I'm going to create a support case for you. I'd like to have the agent secure your account by removing all the devices and to reset your password. This way we can rule out any possibility of an unauthorized user. 

If you still receive the 'someone else is listening' message after, I can create a ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look. 

The agent will be reaching out via email, please be on the look out for their reply. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Ushdaul! Thanks for posting. 

I checked your account and I'm not seeing anything that would cause this on my end. I can report this over to our engineering team. However, I would like to remove all the devices associated with your account first, to see if it will help. I do see quite a few devices dating back to 2014. Let me know. 

Also, are you playing Pandora on another device prior to starting in your car? Is Pandora in the background of your mobile when you connect to Android Auto?

Thanks for the additional info. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ushdaul
Underground

Remove them if you want to try that.

Sometimes it's in background, sometimes not. Almost always only using my phone/car to play Pandora. Very rarely use laptop or other device. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ushdaul

I'm going to create a support case for you. I'd like to have the agent secure your account by removing all the devices and to reset your password. This way we can rule out any possibility of an unauthorized user. 

If you still receive the 'someone else is listening' message after, I can create a ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look. 

The agent will be reaching out via email, please be on the look out for their reply. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ushdaul
Underground

It seems to working. Haven't had any more issues. Thanks 😊

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @Ushdaul! Have a great holiday! 😃🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

geekrawker
Local Performer

Same issue... I can't make it stop saying it.  Only happens with my android device.  Frankly I'm tired of trying g to fix it... Pandora has some serious issues on andriod... not just this one bug.. but this bug prevents me from listening and is totally unacceptable for a paying customer who's been with pandora for nearly a decade.  Time to switch... no live chat or phone support... I give up

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @geekrawker! Thanks for posting to community. 

To clarify, is this happening when connected to Android Auto in your vehicle or when listening on your Android devices - this thread is specific to Android Auto. 

I do see that you've written into our User Support team via email. If you continue to have trouble, feel free to respond directly to their email for further help or any questions you may have. I would recommend including the date and time you received the message so that they can take a closer look. 

Keep in mind that it's possible that the simultaneous streams warning was tripped on accident, which may happen from time to time when switching from one device to another. If that's what happened, you can go ahead and disregard that message.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos