cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

Blackmoon1
Local Performer
Yes. This only happens with Bluetooth.  I do not have the ability to connect with USB.
Thank you.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow-up, @Blackmoon1! I've passed this along - thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi Mazda drivers! Sorry to hear this is happening.

Can you please provide the following info so I can pass this along to our engineering team?

• What is the make and model of your phone?
  • Which Pandora version are you on?
  • How are you connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, AUX)

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @debmeg2003! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble.

I'd like to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DJBattou1
Local Performer

There is an app on the head unit but I have to have it playing on my phone.

Make and Model : Samsung , Galaxy A10e

Android Version: 11

Pandora Version: 2208.2

Connected Via Bluetooth

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Ahh, okay, got it. Thanks for following up, @DJBattou1! I've passed along your info, I appreciate your patience in the meantime. Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi Chevy drivers!

Sorry for any trouble in your vehicles, can you tell me a little more about your phone?

1. What is the make and model of your phone?
  2. Which Pandora version are you on?
  3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

Let me know, thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cnc_machinist
Local Performer

Same problem here, I have a pioneer AVH-X491BHS automotive head unit and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to connect using Bluetooth.  I can use the Bluetooth audio app connection, but not the Pandora app on the Pioneer.  Never had problems before and have been using this unit for years.  A few days ago I noticed that Pandora wasn't connecting to the headunit and it immediately goes to connection failed when I try to use Pandora on the Pioneer.  Seems like the app is broken, and I did try settings in the Pandora app to make sure "Launch from car" was turned on in the apps setting.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cnc_machinist! Thanks for posting. Can you confirm the Pandora version you're on? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

User1628cx
Underground

Pandora 2208.2. Bluetooth connection. When on USB while BT is still on, car switches to Android Auto, and pandora works. Note,  on BT Only in car and connected ,  pandora on phone starts but is muted.

Moto G Stylus model XT2043-4. Android 11. Mazda cx-5 2022 Signature.

Please replace with prior version!!!

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

Hi there.

My phone is an LG G8 ThinQ, model LM-G820TM

Pandora version 2208.2

I connect to my truck via bluetooth. I select Pandora on the truck stereo screen, and it launches Pandora on my phone, playing on the truck stereo. My truck is older, before Android Auto or Car Play was included. When it's working, the screen will go to the black Pandora screen on my phone, and the Pandora screen and controls are shown on the truck stereo. One day it just stopped. It gives an error saying check connected device. The phone is connected to the truck, I can see the phone status on my truck stereo, and the song is playing on my phone but with no audio, and the phone stays on the regular Pandora screen, and doesn't switch to the black Pandora screen.

For a while before this happened, it stopped doing auto launch in my truck even though the auto launch is selected in the app. I have been starting the app on my phone, then selecting it on the truck and it would work fine after that. After connecting the first time, it would auto launch every time the phone connects to the truck, until the next day that I'm in my truck, then I have to start the app first again.

It still works in my truck if I use a USB cable and play Pandora through the media button on the truck. The Pandora screen does not show up this way, only generic controls.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

I've submitted a support ticket as well.

In the meantime, as your engineering team works on this, can you guys supply a link to the previous version of the Pandora app? We are all effectively "Dead in the water" with this new 2208 version.

Local Performer

Same problem on 2013 Honda Accord. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @XtheEdgeX. Appreciate the details of your experience and sorry for the continued trouble. I've passed this along to the appropriate teams. Please keep an eye out for future updates to the app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed.

Thanks for your continued patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Sorry for any trouble listening in your Honda vehicles.

I've reported this to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Make and model of your phone:
  • OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help and your patience while we look into this.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

skulldor138
Local Performer

I am also experiencing this issue.  2015 CX-5, Samsung Galaxy Note10, App version 2208.2.  Connects fine to the Bluetooth, but the app isn't connecting to Mazda Connect.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

TCL T790 Phone
Android Version 10
Pandora Version 2208.2

DP1955
Local Performer

Same problem on 2015 Tahoe LT.  It plays on my phone connected to bluetooth but no sound from the car infotainment center and no sound from my phone because it's connected. If I disconnect the bluetooth it plays sound out of my phone.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DP1955! Thanks for posting.

I'd like to add your experience to our ticket. Can you let me know the following:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
  • Which Pandora version are you on?

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kmbaker73
Underground

Pandora link displays no device connected but my phone is connected and able to play on Bluetooth. Honda dealer says to contact Pandora..... who can help with this?

0 Kudos