cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

Packergirl52
Underground

As of today I am getting Pandora not found.  No longer getting the Bluetooth message that Pandora cannot connect to Bluetooth.  Really frustrated.  I have done every fix possible and will be uninstalling Pandora again.  Working with the email support for 4 days and still nothing.  Bluetooth needs to go back to the other version!

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

Hey, I'm curious. Did your issue just start recently, too?

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I can no longer connect from my Android phone to Pandora via PandoraLink.  I can still connect via Bluetooth or via Android Auto.  I also tried it with my wife's iPhone, and her phone can successfully connect to PandoraLink.  That suggests to me that the latest version of Pandora from the Google Play Store, 2208.2, is not compatible with the latest version of PandoraLink.  As others have pointed out, there is no practical way of reverting to an older version of Pandora on an Android phone.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kmbaker73 

I've reported this to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Make and model of your phone:
  • OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help and your patience while we look into this.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

aleph2
Local Performer

Same symptoms here.  2017 Mazda 3, Pandora 2208.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 22082003) on Pixel 6a, connected via Bluetooth.  Everything worked fine until a few days ago.

0 Kudos

tortcat
Underground

The problem IS the 2208003 release.

The other week I kept uninstalling and redownloading the Pandora app and suddenly...somehow got the 2205whatever  release. And IT WORKED>

I( made the terrible mistake of "assuming" Pandora had rolled it back as they know they have a problem with the 2208 release.  I "thought" I had checked " no auto updates" but seems I was mistaken.

Now lol and behold ...im back on the 2208003 release and it does not work again.

Pandora needs to either:

1) Roll us all back to the stable 2205 release OR give us the option to select and download the version we want.

2)  Fix the current release before re-releasing or updating.

Its just that simple. I do not know ...how to get back to the 2205 release or I would do it. It works...the 2208 does not and is faulty.

PANDORA....please tell us how to roll back or install the 2205 series release.

( for those of you that are working...you are probably on the 2205 release. I would strongly advise you turn off all auto updates.

The super frustrating thing is  it was working again and then somehow they sent out the 2208 again and have rebroken it.

IF anyone knows how to force a rollback or download the 2205 series please post it here.

Pandora its time for you to help///please.

As posted/ .the 2208.2 the 2208.3 doesnt work. We need a link to get us back on the 2205 series release. Please see my latest post...as you have broken it...again

please see my posts, the 2205 series works...its that simple.  The 2208.002  003 etc  does not work.

How can we get back on the 2205 series release please  and as stated b4 I have a samsung s21 5g ultra.

thank you

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

User1628cx
Underground

Possible temporary workaround on BT (without using android auto): ignore Mazda's pandora source selection.  Instead select  source = Bluetooth from phone, then start phone's pandora app. Steering wheel controls still work. (2022 CX-5 Sig.)

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

Thank GAWD, I finally found another post about the same problem I'm having. Mine started a few days ago being sluggish about connecting. Two days ago, it would not connect at all to the app but I can play Pandora through the Bluetooth app on my Pioneer head unit. Since we are both getting this, they most likely screwed up things with a Pandora update. Same thing happened a couple of years ago.

I'm using Pandora version 2208.2 on a Galaxy S9+ phone

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

Yes, I agree with you 100%! I also did some pretty extensive troubleshooting, and am certain that the 2208 release broke the entire car functionality. 

That said, I also submitted a support ticket, specifically asking for a link to the previous version. Their reply is simply unbelievable to me! 

"Unfortunately, I am unable to provide an older version or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved. 

However, the info you've provided is helpful and I've made sure to pass it along. I've also made a note regarding your experience. "

Wait what!?

You know you have a faulty version that broke car functionality, you also know you have a previous version that restores that functionality, and yet will not roll the update back, or provide the user the option to use a previous version? This is unbelievably poor. I don't believe for a minute, that they are unable to offer the previous version in this situation. I can't understand why they are unwilling.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

I attempted the same thing with my 2017 Mazda 3 touring, I can stream the music from The Pandora app, but lose the ability to thumbs up/down, change music channels etc. Via the car controls.

0 Kudos

RickB53
Local Performer

Phone: Motorola One Hyper

Android: Version 11

Pandora Version: 2208.2

AndroidTuner: 22082003

Honda CRV 2018

My auto launch is on, but the car screen says un-supported...Sometimes after turning things off and on it says device not found

TannerPandora

Thanks for the helpful info, @RickB53!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RickB53
Local Performer

So what happens now.. How do I get it fixed?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@RickB53 I've passed along your info to the teams who are investigating this issue. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Blueblaz
Local Performer

I have a 2014 gmc serria and a android. I had Pandora hooked up and it launched when I got in my truck but now it doesn't launch, I have launch from car on in settings but it still says no connection

0 Kudos

tortcat
Underground

All kinds of posts about this 2208 003...there are posts with honda, chevy amonth many others.

It is clear this release is broken.

How long will it be until we are either able to roll back to a previous working version of this is fixed?

Maybe its time to start asking for monthly credits as the only reason I have this is because its the app in my car...and now it doesnt work 

Mpbagley
Local Performer

My 2022 subaru ascent with the pandora app on the car no longer works. I had the dealership today looking at it and they did a software update on my head unit but that didn't solve the issue. The service advisor was able to connect his iPhone and it worked fine. I did the update on my android phone for pandora also today and that didn't resolve the issue. Please fix 

0 Kudos

Johnnyspeedcars
Local Performer

Pandora will not work with gm mylink infotainment 

0 Kudos

bribird
Local Performer

2208.2 pandora on a Samsung note8 using android version 9. Bluetooth connection. Will not use native built in pandora app in pioneer head unit. My bluetooth connection works fine for everything else.... phone calls...streaming music...siriusxm...  just will fail to connect to pioneer pandora app built into radio 

0 Kudos

bribird
Local Performer

Hi TannerPandora... thanks for responding. 2208.2 pandora on a Samsung note8 using android version 9. Bluetooth connection. Will not use native built in pandora app in pioneer head unit. My bluetooth connection works fine for everything else.... phone calls...streaming music...siriusxm...  just will fail to connect to pioneer pandora app built into radio 

0 Kudos