cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

bribird
Local Performer

I feel your pain. Kinda seems like a pandora app update issue as your problem and mine are basically the same

0 Kudos

erichc
Local Performer

I have Pandora on my Motorola MOTO E5 Plus mobile phone.  As of a day ago my 2021 Mazda CX-5 entertainment screen says that it cannot find Pandora on my mobile device.  It has been working just find until yesterday. I reinstalled Pandora several time without luck.  My phone shows that Bluetooth is connected.

0 Kudos

Dreprogel
Local Performer

Pandora has always worked in my car and works easily at home. Recently it stopped connecting in my car. I have deleted the app and reloaded it, disconnected my phone and reconnected, turned off the auto connect and turned it back on. I just get a message that Pandora is not found from my car dashboard.

0 Kudos

Ken65
Underground

Own a 2016 Buick Encore with the infotainment system ("dashboard ") installed with Pandora as an audio source. I'm having 2 issues with latest Pandora version that I didn't have in previous versions... phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse (2017; JM-327V; Android version 8.1.0). Android Auto is not installed. 

a. With the appropriate settings enabled, I'm unable to launch Pandora from the dashboard with the app installed on the phone's internal memory. The Pandora selection on the dashboard is greyed out. I am able to listen to Pandora using the Bluetooth selection from the dashboard when the app is launched from phone. 

b. In previous versions I was able to do the above and listen to stations either on internal memory (16G) or moved the app (storage issue from internal memory) to my SD card with no problems listening to music.

What changes, if any, occurred that would cause the issues? Would I be able to install the previous version? Have cleared data and/or cache, and uninstalled/reinstalled with no improvement. I also have tried from the dashboard to reselect my phone for bluetooth connection in order to get the Pandora selection available on the dashboard in order to launch the app from my phone but no success this time. 

Appreciate anyone's help with this.

DarkMajiks
Local Performer

Same problem on my 2017 Outback. Car says "Please make sure that the Pandora app is installed correctly on your mobile device." But Pandora runs fine on my mobile device.

0 Kudos

Mrprovy
Underground

Same thing happened to me; Pandora updated, now the app does not work with my Pioneer stereo (still works as it always had in my Equinox w/ mychevrolet)

0 Kudos

Axeid
Local Performer

Similar issues on a 2019 Outback.  With the Pandora app (2208.2) running on the Samsung Galaxy 8+, Pandora does not display on the head unit, if that is what the screen is called.  Pandora can be heard via Bluetooth, but no screen so no controls.  The display shows "Pandora is currently unavailable.  Confirm device is paired and the Pandora app is on the device.

0 Kudos

diegochico
Local Performer

Same problem on 2018 forester with oneplus 6T phone

0 Kudos

cnc_machinist
Local Performer

Same issues with not working on a Pioneer head unit with Pandora app version 2208.2 and no problems before the update

0 Kudos

Rcgourley
Local Performer

I just signed up for Pandora, and am experiencing the same issue with my 2017 Impreza Sport and Galaxy S21 FE.

0 Kudos

cnc_machinist
Local Performer

Pandora app version 2208.2

0 Kudos

Wmsimpson1960
Local Performer

I have a Pioneer car stereo, maybe 5-6 years old, with Pandora connectivity. This has worked great until a few days ago, when all of a sudden it stopped connecting. The phone still connects fine via Bluetooth and I can play Pandora over the Bluetooth audio setting, but the car receiver fails to connect to the Pandora app on the phone.

Ive tried restarting the phone, deleting the Pandora App, reinstalling it, clearing the user data and cache, and none of this has worked.

I feel this may have something to do with an update to the Pandora app, as a bunch of apps updated recently. I don't think it's the car receiver, as nothing on that has changed.

The phone is a Motorola G7 running Android 10, the receiver is a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS DVD receiver. If anyone has any thoughts on this, or is having a similar experience, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

0 Kudos

BigRed61
Underground

I was experiencing the same issue. I checked the permissions on my Galaxy S22 for my Pandora app and found that only my phone was given permisison. There is a setting for "Nearby devices" and I selected it. Went to my 2021 Mazda CX-30 and launched Pandora from the list of sources and after a minute or so it loaded and now works.

Side benefit is that I can now launch Pandora from my Galaxy smart watch.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

Interesting find. I looked at permissions for my Pandora app and don't have a nearby devices option. I have a OnePlus 6T running Android v11. Where is that permission located on your phone?

0 Kudos

joseph-m
Local Performer

car is 2019 mazda cx3, since we have had the car never had any issue connecting via bluetooth.

I have uninstalled Pandora and then reinstalled, connected to car without issue, phone calls work just fine so there doesn't seem to be any problem with car or phone.  Please I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions

thank you

++

car is equipped with android auto and is factory installed

++

same here 2019 mazda cx3 and pandora has stopped 3 days ago, jumped thru all the hoops, uninstall then reinstall connected keep getting "pandora not found"

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

BigRed61
Underground

My phone is running Android v12, so not sure if this is the difference. I went to Settings > Apps > Pandora, then clicked on Permissions. It shows two groupings, Allowed and Not Allowed. Only Phone was in Allowed and Nearby devices was in Not Allowed. Clicking on Nearby devices gave me the option to Allow. It now displays in the Allowed group.

debmeg2003
Underground

Having same issue. Used Pandora for a couple years. No problems like this one. There was a recent update to 2208.2 about a month or so ago. Seeing a lot of similar posts with same issue and various cars using various phone devices to connect with.

0 Kudos

Wmsimpson1960
Local Performer

I'm also having this problem. All in the last few days.

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Motorola G7 Power, Android 10

Connecting via Bluetooth.

0 Kudos

Fhb
Underground

I have a Kenwood DDX9906XR the Pandora native app no longer connects to the the Pandora App on my phone.  I miss seeing the album cover graphics and being able to control the app from the DDX9906XR.  

Does connect via Bluetooth.

Make and Model of Phone

Pixel 3

Pandora Version no phone

Connect to the Kenwood via Bluetooth.

Firmware version on DDX9906XR

0 Kudos

Fhb
Underground

Have a Kenwood DDX9906XR with the Pandora app no longer connects to my Phone.  I have seeing the Album covers and being able to control the phone app from my the Kenwood.

Is there an issue with the latest Pandora Android App?

Phone

Pixel 3 Android

Pandora Version

Connect via Bluetooth to Kenwood

DDX9906XR

Firmware version

0 Kudos