cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

No-Name
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue in my 2016 GMC Sierra and 2016 Cadillac XTS. I have been connecting via the phone. Not using a Hotspot. 

This is the error message I get in both vehicles.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 8.59.25 AM.png

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

txrcpilot
Local Performer
  1. Model: Moto Z4 (XT1980-4), Android 10
  2. Pandora Version: 2208.2
  3. Connection: Bluetooth, also tried USB without success
  4. Car Model: Mazda MX-5 Club 2019
0 Kudos

Imbuzd
Local Performer

New update  on my android phone and now will not play on my Subaru Forester. I believe the version is 2208.2. Whatever it is, the minute I updated the phone it stopped working in my car.

Can anyone help ?? I’ve noticed there are many people with the same problem at this same time of the update.

please help or I’ll need to stop my subscription.

0 Kudos

Achemeinewing
Local Performer

New update caused  phone not to connect. This is Day 2 and I am unable to connect to my car and I am really upset about this and I pay for Plus.

0 Kudos

aleph2
Local Performer

The above suggestion to enable the "Nearby devices" permission worked for me!  Everything's back to normal.  Android 13 on Pixel 6a.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

I just double checked and found that Android v11 does not have a nearby devices option.☹️

0 Kudos

yankeesfan
Local Performer

Has anyone had or have issues where the Chevy MyLink will connect to the phone, but get an error message when trying to start Pandora?

0 Kudos

texasxindy
Underground

Same issue. Started in the past week or so.  2014 Silverado LT. I cam connect to Pandora via the Media button,  The screen shows the Bluetooth icon and the phone's battery level.  If I go to the MyLink screen, move to the Pandora option and press select I see the Bluetooth icon, the battery level and an error message the reads "Pandora Error Please check connected device,"  I have already uninstalled the original version of Pandora, downloaded and installed the most current version, with no change.  According to Chevy updates to the MyLink software is downloaded to the truck's computer automatically.

0 Kudos

SManville
Local Performer

Pretty much the same here…

Head Unit: Kenwood DNX692 with latest firmware update

Phone: UMX U693CL

Android Ver: 9

Pandora Ver: 2208.2 (Android-Tuner 22082003)

Connection to Pandora Via: 4G Cellular

Connection to Head Unit Via: Bluetooth (Only option for Android devices on this head unit)

Standard operating procedure: Tap on PandoraLink icon on head unit, open Pandora on phone, head unit shows “Connecting” for a few seconds and good to go. I’ve never seen the black screen on this phone which shows “Kenwood Accessory” with this head unit / this Phone, however I never had the “Launch from car” option enabled which doesn’t seem to make a difference with Pioneer head units.

Everything worked fine (Playlist, Album Art, Artist Info, Song Title, Play, Pause, Skip, etc...) up until and including 09/13/22.

Starting on 09/14/22, all I get is the Kenwood wallpaper on the screen with a black rectangle which shows “Connecting” and occasionally shows “Reading”.  Audio from Pandora plays fine but that’s it, everything else is gone.

When I switch from PandoraLink to Bluetooth Audio on the head unit, everything shows on the screen with the exception of the Album Art and the Playlist.

Things I’ve done so far…

Un-Paired and Re-Paired phone from the Bluetooth Settings option. Result: No Change

Un-Paired and Re-Paired phone starting from Standby Mode. Result: The navigation bar at the bottom of the screen (Play, Pause, Skip, etc…) is back, however the actual button icons are still missing. No other changes.

Contacted Kenwood support and was told that their newer models are not shipping with PandoraLink because Pandora no longer supports this option. No other resolution from Kenwood regarding my older head unit.

Possibly a scheduled shutdown event built into Pandora Ver. 2208.2 which kicked in mid-September or just an inadvertent error by one of the programmers?

So let’s play with an older iPad with a non-updatable version of Pandora due to the IOS Version…

Head Unit: Kenwood DNX692 with latest firmware update (same as above)

iPad: A1458 (Non Cellular)

IOS Ver: 10.3.3 (Max Per Apple)

Pandora Ver: 1901.1.1

Connection to Pandora Via: WiFi

Connection to Head Unit Via: USB

Testing Environment: Verified USB Connection between iPad and aforementioned Head Unit with Pandora turned off on the iPad.

Tap on PandoraLink on Head Unit, iPad Screen turns black with the expected “Kenwood Accessory” wording and all is good in Kenwood / Pandora Land.

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

My problem exactly. I was wondering about the MyLink software. So the 2014 models get the updates automatically, too?

0 Kudos

aKaGorganZola
Local Performer

17 BRZ and S9+ here and noticed the same thing the last couple days. BT audio works but as soon as you hit the Pandora app in car it stops. Looking in my Bluetooth menu in my phone you can watch the audio check box uncheck itself when you switch to the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Did an update break this?

0 Kudos

texasxindy
Underground

I am beginning to think this issue is related to the recent update to Pandora on September 12, 2022. In reading other post on this site I have found that this is not isolated to just GM vehicles.  From what I have read everyone, regardless of Make or Model of vehicle the problem started about the time of that update.

I tried to find a number to call Pandora, but there is none.  I had to settle with an email. Will update this post when I receive a response.

Dgriffi2
Local Performer

D Having the same problem??

0 Kudos

CharlieD
Underground

Got another update on 9/19.  Version 2209.1.  It did not fix the problem of connecting to the built in pandora app in my car's entertainment system.  It is still broken.

0 Kudos

kmbaker73
Underground

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+

Pandoralink through Bluetooth

Pandora version 2209.1

Honda Accord Hybrid 2019

Works through the basic Bluetooth setting, but displays no device connected in the PandoraLink

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

Same here. Mine updated to v. 2209.1 yesterday, but still not working.

0 Kudos

Wiseb10
Local Performer

I have had zero luck using app in Subaru starlink and have reached out to pandora but sure wish they would solve this problem with a patch or older rev to make app work instead of through Bluetooth.

0 Kudos

Bluelagoon12
Local Performer

Have same issue. Any idea.

0 Kudos

Stinger22
Underground

And here. Pioneer AVH-3600 BHS. Samsung S9 Android 10. Pandora 2209.1

2004 Mazda MX-5 Mazdaspeed but as listed above not stock radio.

Can connect using just Bluetooth. Uninstall and reinstalled app. Paired unpaired. All the usual.

0 Kudos

Fhb
Underground

Upgraded to version 2209.1.1.  still does not work.

0 Kudos