cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

billyga
Opening Act

Per suggestions, I have installed several versions of the Pandora app including 2205.1 and still cannot connect to my Pioneer Pandora channel. 

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act
The one that worked for me was 2203.1.  I tried several others that did not work.  Have you tried this one?
https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk
0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I tried several that did not work.  The one that worked for me as 2203.1.  Have you tried this one:

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

I did try that because my phone showed I'd previously downloaded it. But I did reinstall it and will try it in the morning. I've lost my patience with this for one day

This same mess happened a couple of years ago and the temp fix was easy, just install a previous version and it worked but this time, there seems to be more going on.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

You HAVE to go into the play store to turn OFF auto update. The latest update from Pandora obviously has bugs. 

This solution from sas18 is spot on!

Finally!

Thx SAS18! 

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

I DID turn off auto update 2 hours ago when I first started this. Auto connect is turned on in the app. 

20220926_200218.jpg

0 Kudos

debmeg2003
Underground

I have a Samsung S9

Android version 10

Kernel version 4.9.186

One UI version 2.5

Appears Pandora went from 2208.1 to 2209.1 (current version). However w/ 2209.1 i am having the same issues. For a brief moment looked like it may work in my car, the icon lit up, fail to open, the went gray again.

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

Browse

Sign In

Search the community

Automotive

Android: Unable to connect to Pandora on various vehicles

TannerPandoraTannerPandora Moderator

‎09-20-2022 12:21 PM

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Tanner | Community Moderator

~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips

~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

Labels: 

Android

All Posts

1 Solution

SAS18SAS18

Underground

‎09-26-2022 10:17 AM

I was able to load an older version of the Pandora app from this site:

I can't vouch for the safety of downloads from this site, but it worked OK for me (so far). You should also go to the Play Store and turn off auto updates for Pandora.

I tried this. It does work. But you have to make sure that you go into play store and turn off auto update. 

Mine is working now. Must have a bug in Pandora's last update. 

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

Thank you SAS18.

Pandora v 2205.1.1 restored all functionality to my 2017 Mazda 3 with my OnePlus 6T running Android v11.

I will NEVER auto update Pandora again!

Shame on Pandora tech support for telling me that I couldn't run an older version of the app that worked. It's pathetic that this hasn't been addressed for over a month.

0 Kudos

mikescott
Local Performer

Garmin 396ltms and samsung s9+ will bluetooth link but won't directly link to pandora.

Have tried and retried all troubleshooting ideas still not working. Pandora version #2209.1.1

Just started about a week ago has always worked before.

Will be looking for updates on this issue seems I am not alone! Thank you for the help good luck getting it resolved. 

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

Try deleting the Pandora app, downloading and installing an older version and turning off auto updates for Pandora in the Play Store.  Here's the version that works for me,

0 Kudos

Martini2055p
Local Performer
2209.1 2016 mazda 6

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

Krisma
Local Performer

I use an aftermarket Kenwood DPX303MBT radio and an android phone with latest updates.  For over a year I get a flashing "reading" message on my unit, I have always had "launch from car" enabled, and I would say this happens 70% of times when I start my car.  It NEVER has an in issue in bluetooth mode, only when using the Pandora function within the headunit.  In bluetooth it will display all track information, but the drawback is that I can't thumb up/down or scroll through my pandora stations via the headunit.  I've contacted kenwood, but they always say it's Pandora's fault.  

I also have a Kenwood DDX376BT headunit installed on a different car that occasionally takes a long a time load tracking information, or a station list.  Again, bluetooth track info always load right away, again, Kenwood says it's on Pandora's side.

0 Kudos

teaza420
Local Performer

Version 2209.1 doesn't connect to my 2016 Mazda3. It's been weeks. 

I know how to fix this everyone! Subscribe to a different app that your vehicle offers! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

mikescott
Local Performer

Can pandora give us a link to a previous download before this update like 2203.1 thats a safe download. I think everyone's waited long enough for a fix for this bad update. We have enjoyed pandora, a bad update crashes and we are not offered a way to get back to what we love?

Waiting for a fix is bad for your business help for the community please. 

thanks!

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

I used this one and it worked. Completely uninstall Pandora. Install this one. Then go to Play store and UNCHECK auto updates. 

This worked for me. Good luck! 

0 Kudos

Bluelagoon12
Local Performer
Worked for me too.
0 Kudos

Stinger22
Underground

Thanks, could not find where to disable the auto update!  Mine is working fine now with the 2203 version.

Well I like Pandora and it is built into my Pioneer head unit to work automatically with my phone app.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

Go to the play store and look up Pandora. 

Click on Pandora icon, not the update. You'll give to the main info screen. 

Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner. 

Uncheck auto update. 

Otherwise it will put you back to the newer version.

Good luck

0 Kudos

Big77TJ
Local Performer

2018 Mazda CX-5, Pandora Version 2209.1.1, phone Samsung Galaxy J3V, bluetooth connection

0 Kudos