cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

varnk
Underground

I'm having a similar problem with my 2018 Mazda 6 Touring.  Pandora used to work and now it has stopped working as of last month.  When is this going to get fixed?

varnk
Underground

I've had the same problem with my 2018 Mazda 6 Touring.  The Pandora interface stopped working over a month ago and I keep hoping it will get fixed, but so far there has been nothing.  Why is it taking so long to get this resolved?  Maybe Pandora should consider rolling back the update that caused this problem in the first place!

0 Kudos

Cyndiloow
Local Performer

It is so annoying! I have to play it through my iPhone on Bluetooth, and use Pandora on my phone instead of through my car. 

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

This connectivity problem is over a month old and seems to be effecting all users who have Bluetooth connectivity to the Pandora app on their car radios, whatever brand they may be. In my case, it is an aftermarket Pioneer head unit. Some have been able to restore connection using an older software version of the Pandora App on their phones. For some reason that is not working for me. I've tried every suggested software version along with clearing the cache, disabling software updates, restarting the phone, crossing my fingers and legs and any number of suggested voodoo.

Considering the length of time it is taking Pandora to resolve this issue, an official statement from the company would be appreciated regarding their intententions and some sort of expected time frame. Conspiracy theory is telling me that perhaps the company is trying to drive Pandora users back to Sirius since Sirius now owns Pandora. I declined to renew my Sirius subscription last  year.

On another note, since this began, I have tried to no avail to connect to the Spotify app on the Pioneer unit. Both Pandora and Spotify will play through the bluetooth app on my Pioneer unit. Is anyone else having an issue with Spotify, also?

Fhb
Underground

Upgraded to version 2209.2 no luck.

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

That's disappointing.  Mine is working just fine with 2203.1, but I was hoping that the next new release of the Pandora Android app would contain a fix so that I could go back to auto update and use the latest (and supposedly greatest) version of Pandora.  I guess I'll just stick with 2203.1 until I hear from somebody that there is a new release that fixes the connection problem.

0 Kudos

kmbaker73
Underground

I posted my issue almost a month ago, and there have been two updates since then and I still am not able to connect. Are we any closer to a resolution?

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

Pandora is still not connecting to my 2015 Mazda CX-5 after the latest Pandora update (2209.2). This has been going on for a couple months now. Will we all be given credits to our accounts for our non-working service? it is starting to add up.

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

Have you tried loading an older version of Pandora to your phone?  Uninstall the current version and download and install this one instead:

https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk

It has worked for me and several others.  Make sure you turn off auto updates for Pandora in the Play Store, otherwise the old version will eventually be overwritten.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

Thanks, but I am not at all comfortable with that solution. I do not wish to install anything that doesn't come from the Play Store on my otherwise well working phone.

Pandora simply needs to fix their software, and do it quickly, or risk loosing thousands of subscribers.

SAS18
Opening Act

I understand your concerns.  When I first suggested this fix in an earlier post, I included a disclaimer that you would be doing this at your own risk since I couldn't vouch for the safety of that download site.

Abby357
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem with connecting my samsung galaxy s9+ android phone to the 2209.2 version of pandora in my 2017 HR-V honda.

The pandora app in my phone and car don't connect via Bluetooth or usd cable. If I use the Bluetooth app in my car it connects without the car's pandora functions.

0 Kudos

tks1
Local Performer

Why is the PandoraLink feature on Android still broken without any ETA for a fix? This is a feature that people obviously use, and as someone paying for the service, I do have the minimum expectation that existing features continue to function as expected or be fixed within a reasonable time span.

Mrprovy
Underground

I just emailed this letter to the tech assigned my case:

It's been a few weeks, and there are a lot of people unhappy with the lack of resolve on this problem.  The last update by @TannerPandora was on 9/20/22, and the latest update made the app worse, now failing to work with ALL automotive stereos.  Why is Pandora dragging their feet with this failure, leaving all Pandora subscribers without one of the most important features we use?  Is Pandora going to discount renewals, pro-rate refunds, or compensate paid subscribers for the flaw?  Why hasn't the app been updated to a previous, operational version?  Users are going on a month now without the app working properly.

Sincerely,
0 Kudos

CharlieD
Underground

Looks like Pandora released yet another update on October 4.  Version 2209.2.1.  I have not yet tried it so it is unknown if this solves the problem.

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

keep us posted, please

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I just tried the new Oct. 4 release, and it did not work for me.  I reloaded the 2203.1 release and that still works.

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

I too have tried the October 4th release (2209.2.1) and can confirm it does not resolve the vehicle connection issue. The app, along with the paid service, remains useless. 

If Pandora still fails to fix their software by the end of my current billing cycle, I plan on canceling my service plan (after nearly 10 years) and moving on to something else. 

Fhb
Underground

Just upgraded to 2209.2.1 still does not work.

Is there software QA?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport