cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

dabruns
Opening Act

I tried your method of starting and playing the Pandora app on my phone first before connecting to my vehicle's Bluetooth. It still does not connect. While my vehicle was trying to connect, the app stopped playing music on my phone, but my phone never displayed that familiar connect screen or finish connecting to my car. Still no music in my car.

(Quick specs - Android 11, Pandora 2209.2.1 & Mazda 2015 CX-5)

I don't understand why Pandora will not re-release the last working version to the Google Play Store. Most everyone else would pull a bad release(s) of their software. Very frustrating.

Irnhed01
Local Performer

My pandora used to connect directly to my cue, it no longer will connect except through media.

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Irnhed01 

Thanks for reporting this, I've moved your post onto an existing thread under Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1 

If you haven't yet, please check out the Accepted Solution that we have, for this may help with any connection issue to your vehicle.

However, if you tried these steps and you're still having trouble I'd like to pass your information to our internal ticket that we have about this issue.

Can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Make and model of your phone:
  • OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help and your patience while we look into this.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

Sorry, but no, the "accepted solution" did nor work for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I'll bet not.

It isn't that I can't get the music to start playing after my phone connects to my car. It is that the current version of the software will not allow the Pandora app to connect to my car's Pandora app (like before). The issue seems to have nothing to do with Bluetooth as my phone always connect to my car through Bluetooth and I can make and receive phone calls just fine.

Quick specs - Moto G Power, Android 11, Pandora 2209.2.1 & Mazda 2015 CX-5.

Why can't the previous working version of the software be relisted at the Google Play Store until better "fix" is released?

billyga
Opening Act

I too have followed the directions from others including disabling software updates and all the other tricks to make older software versions work with my four-year-old Pioneer unit to no avail. This issue popped up a couple of years ago and the older versions worked until a fix from Pandora solved the issue BUT not this time. 

0 Kudos

stevewilliams
Local Performer

I also have the same issue described and the proposed solution does not work.  

Pandora App Version 2209.2.1

2016 Mazda 3

Samsung Galaxy A50 running Android 11

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, forgot the Bluetooth connection and reconnected, etc.  Pandora (and other apps) will play just fine via Bluetooth, but will not connect to the Pandora app in the car.

0 Kudos

Deformed_One
Local Performer

Same problem.

Oddly i can still hear the music but i don't get any track information or cover art

LG K20

Android version : 8.1.0

Pandora version : 2209.2.1

Alpine INE-W957HD

Edited to include :  I do not see the Alpine logo on my phones lock screen like before. And also like everyone else, i tried all the suggested methods (uninstall/reinstall, start Pandora before car, forget device, etc. etc.)

0 Kudos

ANorman
Underground

Did you ever get it resolved?  I after my post 8 months ago, it started to work.  But two weeks ago it's doing the same thing.  Car not connecting to Pandor.  Like you the car is connect to the phone.  I can make and receive calls and also connect to the internet with the car wifi.  It's going on two weeks.  I pay for internet service through Onstar, but I'm going to cancel it if I can't use Pandora.  That was the only reason I purchased service from them.   Maybe if I leave Onstar for this reason, they will get with Pandora to fix the issue.  They are not going to want to lose customers because of their issues. 

0 Kudos

ANorman
Underground

I've tried everything!  I even reset my car to its factory settings and nothing!! The phone connects to the car (2016 Buick Regal) I even pay for wifi (Onstar) and the phone connects to the wifi.  Pandora plays on my phone; it just is not connecting to the vehicle.  I'm going to cancel Onstar.  I only purchased data for Pandora.  Onstar losing a customer due to Pandora app issues may inspire a fix.

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

No, it most certainly has not been resolved (for me anyway). Pandora has chimed in a couple of times (to these posts) and has stated that they are on it. But I do not believe that they are giving this much priority or they would have resolved this issue weeks ago. I am going to cancel my automatic scheduled service renewal as I am nearly ready to give up on them caring enough about us to solve this serious problem.

Stinger22
Underground
I rolled back to the ...05... version and in Play Store turned off
automatic updates and it works. They are dragging their feet and telling
people the solution is to turn it on before your phone connects to your car
BT but most that is an automatic connection and if you were listening to
something else and THEN want to go to Pandora it doesn't work.

ANorman
Underground

Where did you find the old version?

0 Kudos

Jaljeera
Local Performer

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. My Pandora interface on my 2016 CRV EX only recently started showing the no device detected error. It's a little unwieldy to select stations via the straight up Bluetooth without the Pandora user interface. Hope this feature can be restored as it was useful and accessible while driving. That's no longer the case.

0 Kudos

Jaljeera
Local Performer

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. My Pandora interface on my 2016 CRV EX (connection via "handsfreelink") only recently started showing the "no device detected" error on the Pandora screen when the phone is connected via Bluetooth and all other functions work. It's a little unwieldy to select stations via the straight up Bluetooth without the Pandora user interface. Hope this feature can be restored as it was useful and accessible while driving. That's no longer the case.

0 Kudos

Stinger22
Underground

The link is posted earlier in the thread

0 Kudos

JD20
Local Performer

I have a 2017 Honda Accord, since late July Pandora fails to play when loading the Pandora source on my car.  "App is not Connected" is displayed.   All other functions, calls/messages, work with no issues.

0 Kudos

Jestine381
Local Performer

2017 Honda Fit. Fully updated Pandora tried all the tips stíl says no Pandora device connected. However it will stream the music over the Bluetooth app in the Honda link assist in my car.

0 Kudos

Diabloein
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 and when I try to use the Pandora app in the car it just says Pandora not found, but if I use Pandora on my phone and use the Bluetooth connection then it works fine. 

0 Kudos

DCSLAW
Underground

Same problem here on my Mazda CX 5 2018

0 Kudos

Eyehateyou
Local Performer

Similar issue, Pandora 2209.2.1, Pioneer AVIC NEX8000, audio comes through when Bluetooth audio is selected, but Pandora app won't connect to receiver to display album art or thumbs... Only started recently.

0 Kudos