cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

DCSLAW
Underground

The Pandora app does not work and error message says cannot find app however pandora can be accessed via bluetooth 

How do I fix so the app works 

Thank you 

0 Kudos

debmeg2003
Underground

Still not working a month later, and another upgrade from 2208.2 to 2209.2. I really dont want to have to down grade to later version 2203.1, when it worked almost flawlessly. I am tired of playing Pandora through my cars Bluetooth app./thumbnail. I would like my Pandora feature available in my car to do my bookmarking, thumbs up, and acces my save songs and stations. You can only jump to the next song using the cars Bluetooth app. I pay for these features. Maybe consider doing some kind of reimbursement for the inconvenience.  Please fix this soon. Not later. I always highly recommended Pandora to others. I dont want to have to go with a competitor. I miss the Pandora in my car as I knew it.

DCSLAW
Underground
You are right onI finally was able to access through by bluetooth but not the appIt needs fixingThank youSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

dabruns
Opening Act

I agree with debmeg2003. If Pandora values their Android phone customers, they should offer to credit us our fees until this issue is finally resolved. This issue is quite a big deal to those of us who enjoy listening to music in our cars. I do hate to suggest this, but maybe if we all down grade our subscriptions to free ones they will finally take notice.

Tmorette
Local Performer

Same issue with Kenwood DNX693s. BT works fine directly but not through the Kenwood's app. I have gone through my phone and opened all the possible permissions as well.

The BT settings when trying to connect through the Kenwood app do not let me turn on "use for audio" but when through BT directly it is available.

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

It would be nice if this issue was either fixed or Pandora/SiriusXM admits that the issue will not be fixed. This is getting ridiculous

drmrboy314
Local Performer

This worked for me! Everything working as it should again....

Mark

by SAS18 in Automotive

‎10-03-2022 12:57 PM

Have you tried loading an older version of Pandora to your phone? Uninstall the current version and download and install this one instead: https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk It has worked for me and several others. Make sure you turn off auto updates for Pandora in the Play Store, otherwise the old version will eventually be overwritten. Good luck!

0 Kudos

DCSLAW
Underground
Is it safe downloadSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I thought I replied to this but since I don't see it posted I'll reply again.

I downloaded it several weeks ago and have not had any adverse effects from the download.  Others have also done so and so far no one has reported a problem.  That said, I cannot guarantee the safety of that site.

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

Pandora needs to fix this software issue. I have posted at least twice that I have blocked new updates, deleted the current version, installed past updates including every software version that people say works. There is a myriad of radio brands that have the Pandora utility including my Pioneer unit I've owned for 4 years. None of that works for me. and I have been through the process numerous times. It is working for some guys and some say it does not work for them. I'm curious what brand of radios the guys own who are not getting results. 

This issue popped up about 2 years ago and the method of installing an old software version worked just fine and when the updated patch was available, it was announced here and I installed it. This mess should have been addressed weeks ago. Pandora now officially **ahem**

DCSLAW
Underground
Thank youSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

Initially I thought that the problem was exclusively with Subaru head units, but apparently it is more widespread.  Still, unless there have been updates to your head unit's software, I would think there must be a previous version of the Pandora phone app that would work with your head unit - but I couldn't say which one.

billyga
Opening Act

The only way a firmware update would get on my Pioneer is if I installed it from a thumb drive and I haven't. It makes no sense that my unit won't work with an old Pandora software version while some others will. A couple of weeks before this issue began, I had to reconnect my Bluetooth on numerous occasions during a two-week period because the "could not connect" message popped up when first starting the car. After reconnecting Bluetooth, the Pandora utility would play. THEN, one day, the connection failed altogether and for a few days I searched the Internets for a current solution to this issue. The only info I found was from a previous incidence with this about two years ago. Fortunately a search a day or two later found this discussion. And after many weeks Pandora still hasn't resolved this and what was a successful workaround for me the last time this issue happened will not, now work for my Pioneer unit.

It really makes no sense this workaround works for some and not for myself and some others. I am going to search for a firmware update to my Pioneer unit tomorrow and install it and try the old Pandora software version once again.

Edited update:
The ONLY firmware update for my Pioneer unit is from 2018 pertaining to iPod issues and I disregarded it at the time because I use a Samsung phone so, NO firmware updates are affecting this issue with Pandora connectivity.

CharlieD
Underground

Just noticed that Pandora updated their Android app to version 2210.1.  It's dated Oct 12 but did not appear until today, Oct 20.  Who wants to be the first to try it and see if they fixed it?

billyga
Opening Act

I bit and it does NOT work. In fact, the "What's New" doesn't list our issue at all.

dabruns
Opening Act

I did the 2210.1 update too. It did not resolve this issue. Just like all those expensive older network receivers with built-in Pandora apps that permanently stopped connecting a couple of years ago, I imagine that this issue will never be fixed either. Do they expect all of us to dump our Android phones for those incredibly expensive iPhones? Shame on us for staying with this (lack of) service. Where's that "cancel my account" page?

billyga
Opening Act

It could be there is built-in shelf life to the Pandora utility on those radiIos and I now suspect the same for Spotify which I now notice is having the same issue with connection. I bought my Pioneer unit 4 years ago come January and I cannot get any of  the previous software versions to play on it. And it had been really buggy for several weeks before the current situation. If that turns out to be the case, I guess I'll buy a new unit when the new models hit the market as I was looking anyway.

Any hackers out there who can override this shelf life issue if that is the case?

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

Fhb
Underground

Upgraded to 2210.1 still does not work 

RJF51
Local Performer

I have 3 phones running Android 8, 10 and 13. Each phone has the latest version of Pandora (2210.1). The older Android versions run the Pandora app on my Nissan headunit flawlessly. The newest version of Android (13) on my new Pixel 6a will not run the Pandora app at all even when I downgrade to Pandora version 2203.1. Clearly Pandora and the more recent versions of Android do not get along with each other!

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

Follow up:

My Moto G Power (Android 11) still does not connect (Pandora 2210.1) to my 2014 Mazda CX5.

My wife's iPhone 8 (IOS 16.0.3) does connect (Pandora 2209.2.1) to my 2014 Mazda CX5 and works properly without any issues. What the hell? I guess they really don't care much about us (Android users).

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos