cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

barnesmjsa
Underground

Thanks for the update man.

0 Kudos

kmbaker73
Underground

That suggestion did not work.

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

Yes Pandora is still owned by Sirius.

0 Kudos

Jon2675
Local Performer

I can not get my new phone to connect to the built in Pandora app in 2015 GMC SERRIRA. Please help

0 Kudos

barnesmjsa
Underground

Just a friendly reminder, turn off your auto-updates. 

0 Kudos

CharlieD
Underground

I think a new version has appeared in the Android store. Version 2210.2.  Any bets?

@TannerPandora can you please get a more detailed update that would include the progress the developers are making and an estimated delivery date for a working application?  Honestly, my subscription comes due in December and I am seriously considering not renewing it.  

kmbaker73
Underground

I have the newest version 2210.2 and it still does not work. I have been complaining about this for 2 months. How close to a solution are we?@TannerPandora

SixStrRzr
Local Performer

Extremely frustrated at this problem connecting to my car. Is there any update...at all?

0 Kudos

Ken65
Underground

I would strongly recommend when an update to Pandora occurs that a description of issues fixed/corrected in that version be placed at the top of Pandora app description -- in plain sight -- so users know right away instead of searching the community for this info. This is solid developer software configuration management practice. Assign software trouble report number and track it through solid testing verification AND any regression from the last controlled version that contained the original functionality. 

'Nuff said 

ziggytheone
Local Performer

2013 Honda Accord EXL - used to work great, now I just receive a NO DATA error. Listening in my car is one reason I pay for Pandora, we'll see if that continues. 

0 Kudos

Stinger22
Underground

So started up today and it woould not connect even though had installed the 2205 version and was working. Checked the app settings and it had updated me to 2209 in spite the auto update was not checked. Uninstalled and reinstalled 2205 and got connection back. 

0 Kudos

Dave12
Local Performer

Your last update is a month old, any fix insight or should we all just move on to another app?

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

Version 2210.2 was released Oct 18. Elsewhere in this thread, I posted a link about Spotify dropping support for car radios earlier this year. Its now apparent Pandora has done the same. On my Pioneer unit, Pandora and Spotify are the only choices so, what are we going to move on to?

I dont know if voice command for the Pandora app is brand new, but it seems to me that Pandora has made it available to replace their support for car radios. I tried it and it does not seem to work well at all. Below is an excerpt from the "about this app' posted along with the latest Pandora update.

"Take Pandora with you wherever you go with Android Auto for your daily commute or your next road trip. Enjoy your own personalized music or podcast experience from anywhere on the world’s most powerful music discovery platform. The new voice mode lets you search, play, pause, skip adjust volume & thumb up music with a simple voice command. Start streaming your favorite artist, song, genre, or podcast instantly today for free in your car."

The writing is on the wall. No More Radio Support. Its time Pandora published a press release.

0 Kudos

Dayvood
Local Performer

The only real solution here for android users is to uninstall the current version of pandora, search online for older versions and download and install the apk of a version prior to 2208.1  

This should get you up and running again- work for me.

0 Kudos

SixStrRzr
Local Performer
Really! Really?  Unbelievable.  Couple this with GM dropping 2g, and therefore 80% of OnStar features for 2016 and older Chev, truly illustrates that these companies no longer care for their consumers. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

It does appear that Pandora has dropped support for car stereos with the Pandora App (Pandora Connect) in favor of the newer Android Auto. But why are iPhone uses still receiving full support for their devices? They do not have this Pandora Connect issue at all. Their phones are still working with these car stereos.

My subscription runs out today, and that’s fine with me.

0 Kudos

cgoldbe1
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

Is there any update on this issue?

Hi Dayvood-- thanks for the workaround. Could you please describe how you found older versions? Thanks Cathy G

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Abunna
Local Performer

This isn't a solution. It's an inconvenient work around that defeats the purpose of having Pandora connect with your car. After almost 2 months why has this problem not been resolved?

TEXAZ
Local Performer

I can't get Pandora to connect to my car Stereo. It has Pandora built in. Its a Pioneer AVH-200BT DIVX

0 Kudos

Kroton
Local Performer

Any resolution yet to this issue? None of the solutions provided work and I am forced to use an older version.

0 Kudos