cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

Ken65
Underground

Just to clarify only.. I'm referring to the "What's New" section of the app description. This should contain a summary of the fixes/corrections in the updated version. 

0 Kudos

cyapsam
Local Performer

Not connecting with Mazda 3.  Moto g stylus, 

0 Kudos

cyapsam
Local Performer

Mazda 3, Moto g stylus, android 11, Bluetooth connection 

0 Kudos

debmeg2003
Underground

My original post 9/12/2022 having issues with the Pandora app in my cars entertainment/radio console not functioning. Works from the Bluetooth app, but the features offered through Pandora app. are not available through the bluetooth. Which again i remind you, I pay for. 3 months and 2 new versions later, after the issue started, and still not working as it should. The version I currently see is 2210.2. What is the problem? Why can't this be fixed? I keep hoping and checking that I will look at my cars Home screen of my entertainment console and see the Pandora app. lit and functioning. This is terrible. My daughter uses Spotify, but I really enjoyed Pandora. ANY updates on getting this fixed would be nice, or even better....just fix it. Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos

barnesmjsa
Underground

They don't care. 284 replies in this thread against how many using Pandora "today"?

Its been going on this long with absolutely nothing by way of resolution and piss poor communication. We have one maybe 2 dudes doing Pandora damage control, and a poor job at that.

Its time to admit, you have to run permanently on a deprecated version that PANDORA broke AND you will be payinf for it unless you want to go back to 3 commercials and 3 songs over and over and over, OR, get an Android Auto head unit for your car (costs MORE money) or ditch Pandora and go back to Spotify.

I actually cancelled Spotify in favor of Pandora./

Was a **ahem** fool.

But bottom line, 100%, Pandora dev's and management DO NOT GIVE A **ahem** ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

We simply don't have the numbers for them to justify working on this.

Feel like a valued customer now?

/BTW, just get used to it. Its the "new normal". F'd up software, project leads that don't care, bean counters that are making the decisions and woke **ahem** buried everywhere.

billyga
Opening Act

You hit the nail on the head. Pandora has obviously dropped support of the radio apps in favor of CarPlay which my Pioneer unit does not support. I almost bought a new $430 Pioneer unit but passed. I'll settle for Pandora and the Bluetooth app since I don't drive that much nowadays. It's still worth the monthly subscription fee to avoid the commercials and I use Pandora on my bedroom internet radio. I wonder how long that support will last?? 

0 Kudos

ekanenh
Local Performer

Any news yet?  The Subaru Pandora app -- and only that app. -- hasn't connected in several weeks. I have tried every suggestion.  Connectinf directly with bluetooth (and not using the app on the head unit) works, but it is a much worse user experience.

0 Kudos

dabruns
Opening Act

Don't hold your breath. It is most definitely clear that Pandora has moved on from this issue and will not be revisiting it … ever. Welcome to the tech world of the 21st century. Here today. Gone tomorrow. We are all such big suckers.

0 Kudos

MattyZ
Local Performer

Still no reply from TannerPandora on this after 2 more months. I'm ready to cancel my subscription.

kmbaker73
Underground

FYI the newest update 2211.1 still does not connect

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

It' s time for Pandora to publicly admit that support for the Pandora car radio utilities is over and close this thread.

debmeg2003
Underground

Grrrrrr...Are you kidding me??!! Absolutely absurd, ridiculous, unbelievable, etc...I COULD keep going. But what's the point? My/our once cherished Pandora has become Pandoras Box!! SMH!!

0 Kudos

barnesmjsa
Underground
" It' s time for Pandora to publicly admit that support for the Pandora car
radio utilities is over and close this thread."

THAT would be welcome.
Just call it a business decision that is final.
Don't leave people twisting in the wind, no matter if we are a small subset.
Will is suck? Yes. Will we move on? Yes, if we KNEW Pandora just said **ahem**
it.
Pandora treating us this way is 100% indicative of the company's culture as
a whole.

"Pandora Community"
Doesn't look too good does it?
0 Kudos

Ken65
Underground

Though replying now, I also did the recommended solution earlier, and has also worked for me. This earlier version also has the capability to move the app to the SD card run successfully from there. I've mentioned this in my OP.

Other comments I've made regarding software quality control and management need to be addressed, and publicly provide this last known Android version from their web site or in the Google Play store until a formal announcement whether these functions will or not be continued.

0 Kudos

billyga
Opening Act

Spotify publicly acknowledged earlier this year they would no longer support the car radio apps so it seems Pandora would do the same and at least put this conversation to rest. And it seems Pandora is now pushing the hands off, voice command functions of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There is a voice command function built into the Pandora app that everyone is discussing in this conversation.

0 Kudos

User9876
Local Performer

I have a Jensen vx7022 and it stopped being able to connect to Pandora. Audio plays through Bluetooth but the on screen controls stopped working so I'm guessing it's due to a recent Pandora update as I haven't updated anything with my head unit. I've tried resetting the head unit and repairing the phone to the unit to no avail.

0 Kudos

CharlieD
Underground

Wondering if anyone has contact info (email address, etc.) for any high level person (CEO, CTO, President, VP) who would be willing to contact them and let them know the problem we are all having and the deafening silence from Pandora on the issue.

0 Kudos

ScrumMaster
Local Performer

When will this bug be addressed by the development team? This has been ongoing for months and there has been no update on the fix. This is a high-priority bug and this needs to be escalated and fixed immediately. 

0 Kudos

Aelkins13
Local Performer

Did exactly as above and still isn't working

0 Kudos

Sorste
Local Performer

this is happening on my 2017 Subaru. the error says please make sure the app is installed and will never connect. It will play fine in Bluetooth mode but want to use it on the pandora app

0 Kudos