cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist only option missing

lschafroth
Opening Act

The option of songs only from this artist works on the web but is missing on my android. I use the Android in my truck and i only have songs getting the artist station that's it. No other artists. How do i do this one Android? If i can't, I'll cancel my subscription.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @lschafroth

To clarify your question, the station that you listen to on the web has Artist Only Mode but in your truck this Mode is not available? Can you let me know the name of the station(s)?

Keep in mind, not all Modes are available on every station and not all devices support Modes. 

Also, can you tell me a little more about how your vehicle and how you're connected?

1. What is the make, model and year of your truck?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? 
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or PandoraLink?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lschafroth
Opening Act

I guess the email reply doesn't update this site.  I'll type it again.

The truck is a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. It does not control the Pandora app at all. It is just a front end that supports the app. You can browse stations and thumb up and down. All settings and options are controlled by the app not the vehicle.

All my stations are artists. You can look at "Little Big Town" or "Shinedown".  I played Little Big Town for about 25 minutes and skipped every song that was not Little Big Town and in those 20 minutes never heard a song from that band on Their station.  I deleted all like history an started over to see if that is why I get strange random songs.  That did not fix it. The Little Big Town station played 5 finger death punch, AC/DC and other completely non related songs. It appears Pandora has no idea how to play relevant songs to an artist as well as a genre.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@lschafroth Based on your description, sounds like some stations like "Little Big Town" or "Shinedown" are playing out of place content and/or not playing the artist seed.

Please, keep in mind stations are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know. At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on stations.

Additionally, Pandora Modes is only available on our website, mobile devices and the Sonos app. If you're using PandoraLink or Android Auto in your vehicle, Modes will not be available. 

For the out of place content on the station, I'll take a closer look at 'Little Bit Town and Shinedown". For now, can you please thumb down any song that does not fit the station. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lschafroth
Opening Act

I always understood that Pandora worked with Genres and would play songs similar to the artist station you were listening to.  Heavy metal screaming is not country or bluegrass.

When I listen to 70's Country station I expect similar 70's country, not Van Halen or Deep Purple.

Thanks for clarifying about the artist only mode only working on the web. This confirms I will be cancelling my premium family package and moving on to other products that work as described.

Lannie

0 Kudos