cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autmotive - Samsung: Playback stops when backgrounded

Haley72
Local Performer

When I connect my S23 via Bluetooth to my Tacoma, everything works fine as long as my phone screen stays on. As soon as I lock my phone, it'll keep playing music, but the app stops working properly. It stops working with my steering wheel controls (volume, skip etc...) and even if I unlock the screen, the app still doesn't work. It's like it's frozen but still plays music. I just can't control anything. The steering wheel controls won't even work when i turn the screen back on. Everything is completely locked up. I have to force stop Pandora to reset everything and try again. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, deleted my car from my phone,  and vis a versa,  and reconnected, cleared all the caches, and gone through every setting I possibly can. I'm at a loss. It worked fine for over a year, then after a Verizon update, its like they bricked that functionality.  Any suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Haley72 

This sounds like the battery optimization setting on your Android has been enabled.

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded or the lock screen is activated.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your Android Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Haley72 

This sounds like the battery optimization setting on your Android has been enabled.

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded or the lock screen is activated.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your Android Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Haley72
Local Performer

This was exactly correct. Changed the battery setting for Pandora to performance and everything works just as it should. Thank you so much! I've been racking my brain for months. I really appreciate the help. 

TannerPandora

Glad to hear that helped, @Haley72! Hope to see you around community more. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos