cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto - iOS: Bluetooth permission notification always appears when connecting in Acura

JerylSBurk
Local Performer

iOS app keeps asking for permission to Connect to 2017 Acura RDX Hands-free System. How do I get it to always allow?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @JerylSBurk 

I would check to see if you have the Launch From Car feature enabled on your phone.

When enabled, the Launch From Car setting will prompt a notification from Pandora that will appear any time you connect to any Bluetooth device. The notification is required by your iOS device. Unfortunately, Pandora cannot distinguish between vehicles and other Bluetooth devices.

You can disable the Launch from car setting, but you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before connecting to your vehicle, otherwise it may not connect properly.

Steps on how to disable Launch From Car:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices uncheck the box next to Launch from car.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JerylSBurk
Local Performer

**ahem** I was actually hoping it would eventually pop up and say always allow because it does that on other things on my phone all the time but I guess this is one of those things it’s not gonna do it lol it just annoying. Have to do it every single time but it’s also even more annoying to have to open up the Pandora app every single time so I guess it’s—

wait a sec… is there a way to log into Pandora on the Acura head unit instead of plugging into the phone or going onto Bluetooth? Is there a way of logging into my Pandora account strictly on the computer in the RDX? Like if I didn’t have a cell phone at all anywhere near the car or anywhere near I like left at home or something is there a way to log into Pandora account through the car thought there was way did it with the 2015 RX I had this is a 2017 though I can’t remember Maybe I had to be connected to the Bluetooth in order to access that don’t remember doing that but it’s possible ideal. If I can just log into Pandora I need the Internet connection would I CDMA upgrade? That’s why OK I think I just answer your question it has to tether like a hotspot, but it has to be plugged into or connected  as an ancillary device and hot or cold? Lik am I right or am I guessing the wrong way?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JerylSBurk 

So, at this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

If available in your Acura, I would recommend using Apple CarPlay. You'll still need to connect to your Acura either with a USB or Bluetooth connection, but playback is controlled through CarPlay.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos