cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive - Android: Playback stops after ad in vehcile

RV1
Underground

I have seen quite a few posts with this same basic problem when using Pandora in the car. This seems to be a very common issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 with Android version 13. When connecting via Bluetooth to my 2016 Acura RLX. If I use the Pandora app in the car, it will drop connection when it goes to commercials. in order to get it playing again, I have to change to a different source (FM, HDD,  bluetooth audio, etc.) and then switch back to Pandora.

I have noticed that if I am using Bluetooth audio as my source, instead of the car's actual Pandora App, it will play through commercials. However, using Bluetooth audio as the source does not provide the controls for Pandora through the car's system. The car's Pandora app will allow me to control Pandora through the car's system.

The Bluetooth Audio source setting allows the car to play anything playing on your phone through Bluetooth. The Pandora app connection is specifically for Pandora

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Msmarie92
Local Performer

I have a 2013 Honda Accord and use the Pandora app from my Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra. Every single time an ad comes on, it cuts off and I have to toggle away from the app and back to it for it to pick back up. It's very very annoying and embarrassing when I have others in the car. What can I do to fix please?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RV1 and @Msmarie92!

Thanks for posting! Sorry for any trouble with playback stopping in your vehicles.

Happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review. Based on your feedback it sounds like you both are connected to the PandoraLink app found in your vehicles when this occurs. But it doesn't happened if you're connected through Bluetooth only.

Can you please try connecting via USB and let me know if you have the same experience?

In the meantime, please provide the following info - I do see that some info has already been provided but for anyone else who may be running into this issue or similar:

• make and model of your phone
  • OS version
  • Pandora version

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos