cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive Apple Play

wdstraka
Local Performer

I have a 2019 Corvette Stingray, which has been in my possession for only 3 months and continue to have connectivity issues between Apple Play and the Pandora app on my phone. My phone is an iPhone 8 with iOS 15.2. The phone has been rebooted and the Pandora app has been uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. The Corvette, still under warranty, has been to the local dealer 3 times with no resolution. Here are my symptoms:

When I initially start the car and connect the phone with a USB cable, Pandora will play - either a new song or a continuation of the song from the last time the app was open. After one song, Pandora quits playing.  When I unplug and replug the USB, the vehicle's graphic display will state that Pandora is either:

1.  Loading. It continues to buffer and never reloads, or

2. There is a connection problem. How can there be a connectivity issue when the phone is hard wired to the vehicle's bus? 

When the phone is connected via Bluetooth, I have no Pandora app issues. However, I want Pandora to work with Apple Play so that I can also run my WAZE app.

My WAZE app on Apple Play works as designed: maps are displayed and voice prompts are announced thru the car's audio system. 

I appreciate your assistance. Awaiting your response.

Contact me by email with your resolution. 

Regards,

Bill  

mod edit: removed personal info

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

@wdstraka I myself have faced buffering issues with all of my devices, and with every device, I have come to the same conclusion and have since fixed my issues with internet upgrade. 

Repeated buffering may result from a technical problem with the content provider or your internet service provider (ISP), but it can also occur when too many devices are using an internet connection at the same time. However, in most cases, it's a function of your internet speed. And if I had to guess with your buffering problems it will be with internet speed. But to be completely sure you will have to do a troubleshoot to know that for sure, that is how I found my buffering problems to be with my Internet speed. I hope this helps, you take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wdstraka. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I've gone ahead and escalated this issue to our User Support team. Someone will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance soon. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024