cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW - Android Integration

Kay0002
Local Performer

My android phone, Samsung Note 9, connects to my BMW (Bluetooth or wired) and pandora app never appears in mt idrive menu. How do I resolve this?

Launch from car is already enabled in my pandora settings. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kay0002! Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, your model doesn't offer integrated Pandora functionality. We hope to offer integrated Pandora functionality with more manufacturers in the future. 

In the meantime, you can still listen to Pandora in your car using a 3.5mm audio cable, USB or Bluetooth (if your automobile has these features). Note: not all BT connections support music streaming.

Thanks for being part of community!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kay0002
Local Performer

Hi, thank you for responding. Are you sure? BMW says pandora integration is supported and they certify the app for android users.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kay0002! Sorry for the delay. 

Can you let me know the year and model of your BMW. Also, would you be able to share a picture or screenshot of where you're seeing this posted?

Currently, Pandora doesn't support an Android integration for iDrive. I believe this has been the for at least the last 3 or 4 years. However, I do know a bluetooth connection should still work. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kay0002
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora, no problem. 

Its a x3 with idrive 6. It shows up on the BMW app as one of the certifed music apps.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @Kay0002

The next time you're in car, can you take a picture of that for me? Also, what was the year of your X3?

Just to clarify, this is an integrated app not connected with Android Auto?

Thanks again!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

texdem20
Local Performer

I have a 2018 BMW 540 and found out recently that Spotify doesn't support BMW anymore either. 

Here's a screenshot where it says BMW uses these app.

SmartSelect_20201127-134221_Connected.jpg

0 Kudos

Commander
Local Performer

I have a 2018 BMW M3 and found out the same thing about Spotify which brought me over to Pandora as a solution since the BMW website lists them as a compatible app.  I was considering the switch to Pandora but only with that functionality.

0 Kudos