cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth: Meta data doesn't update when song changes

jsfare
Underground

Song info on screen not changing after 1st song. LG V60, Lexus LS500.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jsfare
Underground

I have discovered that this was not a Pandora issue. By an incredibly circuitous route, I located a forum on the clublexus.com website that mentioned the same problem that I was having. It turns out that a software update was available for my vehicle from Lexus.com DESPITE the fact that the system info in the car stated that NO update was available or needed. What Lexus.com failed to mention when downloading the file is that your USB stick must be formatted using FAT32. Once that was accomplished, the car accepted the update and thereafter the song metadata displayed properly. Don't know if this would help anyone else having this issue, but I thought I would mention it nonetheless.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jackie

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jsfare Welcome to community!

Happy to pass this along to our engineering team.

1. Which Pandora version are you on? (Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.)
  2. Are you connected to Android Auto?
  3. What is the model year of your Lexus?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jsfare
Underground

Thank you for responding to my post. My Pandora version is 2205.1.1 (Android-Tuner 22051108). I am not connected to Android Auto. My car is a new to me 2020 LS500. Thank you in advance for any insight you could offer.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jsfare!

Thanks for the info.

Happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

In the meantime, if Android Auto is available for your vehicle, do you have the same experience when connected?

Let's try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Thanks!

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jsfare
Underground

Thank you for your response.

My car is not compatible with Android Auto. Though I have tried un-pairing and re-pairing my phone more than one time, I will do so again following your exact instructions and report back on my results. I am certain this issue can be solved. Somehow:).

Thank you again.

0 Kudos

jsfare
Underground

I followed your instructions explicitly and got the same result. Song info displays beautifully for first song. Does not change for any following song. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jsfare! Thanks for following up, sorry for the delay.

I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jsfare
Underground

I have discovered that this was not a Pandora issue. By an incredibly circuitous route, I located a forum on the clublexus.com website that mentioned the same problem that I was having. It turns out that a software update was available for my vehicle from Lexus.com DESPITE the fact that the system info in the car stated that NO update was available or needed. What Lexus.com failed to mention when downloading the file is that your USB stick must be formatted using FAT32. Once that was accomplished, the car accepted the update and thereafter the song metadata displayed properly. Don't know if this would help anyone else having this issue, but I thought I would mention it nonetheless.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jackie

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update @jsfare! Happy to hear it's resolved! 🙌 🎊

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport