cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Error message "There was a problem loading this content"

TannerPandora

This post has been created specifically for listeners who receive the error message "There was a problem loading this content" when using CarPlay after iOS18.

If you're experiencing this error message, please post your feedback here.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 10.31.42 AM.png

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies

janikian
Local Performer

24 Mazda MX-5: Same problem IMG_0581.jpg

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Obviously Pandora ver 2408.1.1 and Apple ios-18 CarPlay are having compatibility issues. So, the next question is how long is this going to take to get fixed. Weeks, Months, maybe never... I started a Spotify free subscription (testing it out) and have an Amazon Music subscription, both work with Apple ios-18 CarPlay. 

Who wants to pay money for something that's broken. Pandora seems to be falling behind in the Music streaming business and is going to lose customers.

0 Kudos

janikian
Local Performer

Thanks for the tip - I'll try Amazon and Spotify for now.

-G

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer
Been using Spotify and iHeart now-->back and forth....No
compatibility issues as of yet...
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

wgstarks
Local Performer

Same issue here.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Ok, Apple came out with an update ios-18.0.1... it did NOT fix the compatibility issue with Pandora.

0 Kudos

garyna
Local Performer

Same issue here. Upgrade to 2408.1.1 didnt solve issue. 2024 Acura ZDX & 2024 Honda Civic Type R

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

I have 2 iPhone 12 minis (Black and Blue)... I updated both to ios-18 the day after its release and have the same Pandora ver 2408.1.1 compatibility issues on both.

I updated (Blue) to ios-18.0.1 and still have the same compatibility issues.

I downgraded (Black) to ios-17.7 and BINGO! it's working. 

0 Kudos

AlBobtross
Casual Fan

I’m having all three issues. Won’t transition to now playing, I get the content load error message and my stations won’t load and they get confused on what station in what. Such as my 90’s station thinks it’s 80s station in the 80s station thinks it’s the 90s station. 

0 Kudos

Copter
Casual Fan

I’m receiving the “cannot load content” message after updating to the latest Pandora version.

0 Kudos

gmattaliano
Local Performer

I had to uninstall and reinstalled pandora to get it working with CarPlay but it is not fully functional. It will not load station content.

0 Kudos

JHanna239
Casual Fan

I’m experiencing the exact same thing. I recently went to a wireless adapter to get wireless CarPlay, and thought that was the issue but I went back and forth with the same results. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Having to manually make any changes in Pandora on my phone defeates the purpose. Frustrating. 

0 Kudos