cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Now Playing screen missing

SasquatchWade
Underground

I have a 2023 Toyota Tacoma and when I connect my iPhone 14 Pro Max (iOS 16.4) - I can choose what station I want to listen to, and the music will begin to play. However, it never changes over to the “Now Playing” screen, and the option isn’t there to choose. It’s just the list of stations and the music playing in the background. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix? Thank you. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

yabloke
Local Performer
It appears that as of 03/17/2023 the now playing is back. I did update to IOS 16 Beta 4. Also noticed Pandora updated on 03/16/2023.

Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Dianahernandez1
Local Performer

I’ve encountered this same issue, I have updated to the new IOS same Iphone 14pro max. 

I own a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with upgraded screen. 

0 Kudos

MistaYu
Local Performer

It’s happening on my Apple Car Play display screen. I had the Now Playing available until the past couple weeks! Is there a fix for this in the car?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SasquatchWade @Dianahernandez1 and @MistaYu! Thanks for posting your experience.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you let me know the following info:

• iPhone OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Would you say that this change happened towards the end of February or more middle of February?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

yabloke
Local Performer

iOS 16.4

pandora version 2302.2

iPhone 12 Pro 

happened toward the end of February 

0 Kudos

TedMan
Underground

Also happening on my 2017 Passat with CarPlay. iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 16.4 beta, but it’s been buggy for over a month now. Pandora version 2302.2

when I open the Pandora app, I get the list of my stations, but I have to click on the one I want 2-4 times to get it to start playing, then the Now Playing screen never shows. On my CarPlay Home Screen, I can see the small version of Now Playing, but when I touch it, it just brings up my list of stations. 

0 Kudos

SasquatchWade
Underground

iOS 16.4

Pandora 2302.2

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Towards the end of February. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos

spalmisano
Local Performer

Same thing happening in my 2021 Chrysler Pacifica.

iOS: 16.4 (20E5229e)

Pandora: 2302.2

Also started happening toward the end of February.

0 Kudos

Dianahernandez1
Local Performer
My Husband seems to no have my issue, has the same phone and connects just
fine to my Apple car play 😞
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 3/9/23

Thanks for posting everyone! This is incredible helpful information.

I wasn't able to replicate on my end with CarPlay, however, I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team to look into further.

If someone could be so kind as to send over a picture of this happening in CarPlay, I'd like to include this in my report.

If you're a new listener who is also experiencing the Now Playing screen missing when using CarPlay, please feel free to post to this thread. Be sure to include your Pandora version and I'll be sure to add you to our ticket.

Thanks again and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

*Please note that this post may be marked as the solution to help draw attention to the current update. This thread will be updated with new information as it is provided to the community team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SasquatchWade
Underground

I was going to post a picture for you, but this morning it worked just fine. I selected my station and it went to the now playing screen. Not sure if something was done on the back end or what, but all is good (at least for me) now. 👍

The only things that I can think of that changed was a couple security updates for iOS and a new beta release. 🤷‍

Thank you and good luck to anyone else still experiencing the issue. 

spalmisano
Local Performer

Same here. The Pandora Now Playing screen is back on CarPlay. 

yabloke
Local Performer
It appears that as of 03/17/2023 the now playing is back. I did update to IOS 16 Beta 4. Also noticed Pandora updated on 03/16/2023.

Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.
0 Kudos