cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Premium features unavailable

Ckb76
Local Performer

In my 23 Corvette, using CarPlay for Apple nor when using the in car app, I cannot use the premium features. Except for yesterday, for a 10 min drive the go back to previous song, replay, bookmark, and thumbs up were just suddenly on my screen and usable. They haven’t been back since. This is extremely frustrating. When I thought it was just how it is, it was annoying, but now knowing it’s possible and should be there it’s infuriating. What's up with that, your site says they’re available so...

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Ckb76  Welcome to community.

Premium features should be available within Apple CarPlay. I'm enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you please share a picture of what you're seeing when you try to use CarPlay in your vehicle.

You can attach your picture here within community. The best way to do this is though a mobile or web browser. You won't be able to attach a photo when responding through the email notification.

Thanks for the help.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ckb76
Local Performer

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b8c7Zf7GcGh3vbch029CWBJw 

it won't let me straight up post a picture so here is an iCloud link. I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS 16.6 and Pandora version 2308.1 

my earlier reply got deleted because it said my link was invalid but it worked… hopefully this doesn't get deleted as well

0 Kudos

Ckb76
Local Performer

It just popped up to where it would let me post a picture 

IMG_4196.jpeg

a picture on here. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the pictures, @Ckb76! Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days.

To clarify, when you tap the hamburger to the left of the play/pause button is it unresponsive?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ckb76
Local Performer

No it's not unresponsive, but it only offers me "thumbs up" "thumbs down" or "cancel" as options. The one and only time that I actually had full access to all of my premium features, there was another line of options in a row underneath the as you called the "hamburger"(?)/play pause row. The "hamburger" wasn’t anywhere on that screen, where the "hamburger" is at in that picture above was arrows to rewind back to the previous song instead. Then below that row I had the option to thumbs up and thumbs down and to put it on repeat once and on a constant repeat and to just replay a song. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ckb76 

I think I understand, feel free to correct me if I missed the mark.

For Stations, you will only have the option to Thumb Up or Thumb Down a track. Replay is not available on CarPlay. Keep in mind, replay, is different that repeat.

Since you're a Premium subscriber, when listening to on-demand content, such as Playlists or Albums, the Now Playing screen will look a little different and you'll have additional options. For example, having back and forward arrows to move around your playlists or repeat and shuffle. These options will not appear on Stations.

I added some screenshot of the different views you'll see depending on the type of content you may listening too.

If you're listening to on-demand content (playlist or album) and you're not seeing additional features like repeat or the back arrows, please include a screenshot of that view. Based on the picture you've already provided, you're listening to a station.

Now Playing while listening to an Album:

CarPlay-Now Playing-Repeat 1 copy.jpg

Now Playing while listening to a Station:

CarPlay-NowPlaying-Station copy.jpg

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ckb76
Local Performer

Yes you are wrong, because I've never seen anything that looks like the first picture you sent… I've only ever seen screens like the second picture you sent. As you can see, it looks identical to the picture I sent you. I've only ever seen a different screen once, but what all that one time screen allowed me to do was so much more than I thought a car was capable of that I’m waiting on you to get me back to it! I so don’t want to close my entire account nor do I wish to leave pandora for one of its competitors. Yet if I'm unable to recover the CarPlay experience I've witnessed is possible... I’ll cancel my decade+ subscription and never look back. You have no idea how frustrating it is to "have it all" for a few shining moments but then have that experience be destroyed! To literally have your realized expectations destroyed and to then read that there was never a hope to have had them to begin with. I’ve used pandora music in multiple vehicles (some with CarPlay and some without), but I’ve never seen a screen that looked or actually worked as awesome as that one screen did. The fact that I was able to truly have this amazing experience once and only once is mind boggling, but the existence of having it once means that it’s possible to have again! It means that my Pandora experience thus far has never been as it should have been. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ckb76 

I understand how frustrating it can be not to have the experience you'd like.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. However, I'll need another picture of you specifically playing on-demand music, such as a playlist or an album that shows the missing features.

Keep in mind, the photo you shared with me earlier, is playback on a station and that view and experience you see is expected. Replay is not available on stations with CarPlay, so you won't see this option, only Thumbs.    

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ckb76
Local Performer

I don’t have playlists lol. I only use my customized stations. Something I’m paying for and I can do on my phones app should be available everywhere I’m using it. I would think especially since CarPlay is using my phone's app!!!! So I guess you answered my question, I really hate your answer but it just is what it is. I guess I’ll start exploring other music apps because it’s beyond annoying to not be able to replay or go back. 

0 Kudos