cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Won't always resume with wireless connection

SteveChatham
Local Performer

2020 VW Golf GTI, iPhone SE & IOS 16.6.  Pandora 2308.  Plan is for multiple users.  

Having an intermittent but aggravating issue using pandora in my car.  Sometimes, if I’m playing something in the car, stop it, get out & cut car off, gone a few minutes/hours & pandora will resume play at the point it was when I got out of the car.   Other times, it will not resume on the same song even though it is still displayed, and the pause nor skip will function.  In order to get Pandora to play anything, I have to change stations & let that one begin playing before I can switch back to the station I’d been listening to.  It will then start with a new song.   It doesn’t happen all the time, and there doesn’t seem to be a pattern to the behavior.   I can be out of the vehicle for a few minutes, and it won’t resume playing the station & song it was on when I exited the vehicle; then sometimes it will.  I can be gone for hours & it’ll resume fine, then sometimes it’s like I just started the vehicle the next day.  No rhyme or reason to either.  

any ideas as to how to continue to troubleshoot this issue? I’ve checked back where I bought the wireless CarPlay unit but they have not been able to help.   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @SteveChatham! Thanks for posting your experience.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

While I don't have any specific troubleshooting steps at this time, I did notice that the last connection to Pandora with your iPhone was back from 2021. Sometimes it can help to establish a new device connection with Pandora. While it may not change anything, it doesn't hurt to try. The best way to do this is by signing out of the app and then back in again. 

Keep in mind, by signing out or deleting the Pandora app, any offline content that was downloaded will be automatically removed and you'll need to download that content again. If you'd prefer not to try this, I completely understand.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and passed this along to our teams.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos