cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Unable to load stations in Recent tab after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
121 Replies

Mjdurso80
Underground
Same problem with ios 18.1 BETA.

--
Thank you

Michael Durso
(c) 443-398-0943

nccjones
Local Performer

What were the results?

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Really don't want to downgrade to ios-17 unless absolutely necessary (still looking for options). Hopefully there will soon be a FIX???

0 Kudos

kaoticone
Local Performer

Not really fixed though. No solution. I click now playing and it doesn't load unless I pull my phone out. Needs patching.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

After reading complaints about ios-18 on the web, people are having various issues with ios-18... Apple needs to fix many issues with it.

bizzyb
Local Performer

still don't see a solution anywhere in your post..      the 'forcing' works most of the time but not all of the time, and i still cannot get 'recents' to load.      cannot get playlists to load.

is this a pandora issue or an ios issue?

do you know if there is a resolution in the next ios, or pandora app update and if so when does that roll out?

0 Kudos

Mjdurso80
Underground
I don’t have an answer on who owns the issue. I reported that I have an issue. I tried loading 18.1 Beta and get the same results.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

JF23
Local Performer

Having the same problem

0 Kudos

JF23
Local Performer

When will this get fixed?

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer

Same issue. Upgraded to iOS 18.1

CarPlay will not load  content. Provided solution only plays music. Another issue is when receiving a phone call or text, Pandora will not resume music after completing call or text. Is there an engineering fix in the near future?  Spotify and Sirius XM have no issues. This is annoying. 

Same issue on my iPhone 15 Pro Max using CarPlay, 2022 Ram 1500. Moved to Spotify. No issues. 

Solution is a quick fix. Will not load content to view current song playing. App hangs up. Receive following message : “There is a problem loading this content”. Maybe Pandora engineering team should reach out the Spotify engineering team for a solution. 

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer

Issue still exists after updates (Pandora 2408.1). What is the engineering fix? Is there one in the near future? 

0 Kudos

jgurrola
Local Performer

Same issue, iOS18 and Pandora won't load in any of my vehicles...

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Today is 30 Sept 2024... Has anybody received any updates about the Pandora Carplay ios-18 compatibility issues? Any updates from the Moderators last post dated the 18 Sept 2024. Please, don't keep us in the dark, even if you post that you haven't heard from Engineering team yet.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (09.30.24): Hi everyone 👋

We believe that this problem has been resolved in our latest release for iOS. Please update your Pandora app to version 2408.1.1, which contains this important fix. 

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.30.24)
0 Kudos

RP316
Local Performer

I'm having same problem. I often keep getting this message "There was a problem loading this content"

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @RP316. 👋

Could you confirm that you're on Pandora app version 2408.1.1?

If not, please try manually updating the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.30.24)
0 Kudos

DoorCounty
Local Performer

10/30/2024

Still having the problem even after updating the Pandora fix on my phone today. My problem is the same as all the others. I’m using an iPhone 16 operating system 18.0.0. I was using an iPhone 13 with the latest iOS on it and had no problems. I’m able to hear music but when I select the recent tab, it just says loading and eventually times out. When I select stations, I can make a selection, but I can’t see what song is playing or who the artist is. 

agc428
Opening Act

I did the update 2408.1.1 and it made it WORSE... now i get 1 station and can't change it at all. The icon in the upper corner that lets you see the station playing is gone.

crmagee89
Local Performer

Updated Pandora via the Apple Store as mentioned (2408.1.1)..Still unable
to load any content using CarPlay on a 2022 Ram 1500. Only plays
music..it's a partial fix.

Experienced same issue. 

Using iPhone 15 ProMax, ios 18.0..updated to Pandora 2408.1.1..Same issue when using CarPlay on a 2022 Ram 1500. it's a partial fix

Go to settings when opening Pandora on your iPhone device..the "gear" icon in the upper right hand corner...when clicking, look at the bottom of the screen, below "Sign Out". The version will show.

Regards,
Chris Magee

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

CJ27
Local Performer

I have the new update on 9/30, still having the same issue.  So frustrating.  

0 Kudos