cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay - iOS 15 - Error message when connected

Pablo_a97
Local Performer

Hello all,

i just bought the new iPhone 13 Pro and what I am experiencing with it is that unlike before that pandora would launch or start playing, now the app pauses the music saying that it is unable to start to restart pandora or reboot iPhone. I have done those already, I also took my car to the dealership and they told me the software was up to date as well. I also tried swapping out connecting cables to use Carplay and have even factory reset my preferences on my vehicle. What else can I do to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Apple has released 15.0.2 for iOS devices recently and reports that this includes a fix for audio apps that fail to connect or disconnects during playback.

Please update to the latest version and let me know if you're still having trouble with CarPlay. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Tracyvettech23
Local Performer

iPhone 13 won’t connect to my CarPlay in my Nissan Rouge but it did with my previous iPhone?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone!

Thanks for posting your experience to community. We've heard from other users that have reported a  similar experience with iOS 15 on various iPhone devices. 

Our engineering team is investigating this and has contacted the Apple team. I've added your information to our ticket and will be updating this thread as they are made available to me.  

If you're new to this thread, please include the following info in your post:

• iPhone model
  • iOS version
  • Pandora version

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TXAngel823
Local Performer

I am having a similar issues in both of my vehicles with Apple CarPlay and Pandora. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with IOS 15, v. 2108.1.1 of Pandora, and in both my 2016 Mustang and 2021 Enclave the CarPlay services immediately disconnect when I start the Pandora app. If I do not use the app, everything else works fine (i.e., Waze, messages, etc.). 

0 Kudos

Pablo_a97
Local Performer

I ended up playing with my phone a bit and decided yesterday to just reset all my phone settings to default to see if that works as a last hope type of thing. To my surprise after updating the app, and assure everything else was updated, Pandora actually started to work. It was easy to set the old settings up again and since then I have had no issues with Pandora.

hope this helps!

Savvyruby
Local Performer

When connected via Bluetooth or via Apple car play, launching pandora boots Me out of Apple car play or disconnects the Bluetooth connection. I get a message that pandora encountered a problem that paused the music and suggests a restart of pandora and the phone itself. I have done both, updated the app and my phone. I have the new iPhone 13 and iOS 15.1 

BuckShutem
Underground

I get the same error. 2017 Buick iPhone 13 Pro, Pandora updated to latest version. Everything is updated to the latest version.

0 Kudos

BuckShutem
Underground

The "fix" I found. Only iPhones, Settings, Music, toggle of equalizer.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Apple has released 15.0.2 for iOS devices recently and reports that this includes a fix for audio apps that fail to connect or disconnects during playback.

Please update to the latest version and let me know if you're still having trouble with CarPlay. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tommydob1
Local Performer

iPhone 13

Pandora 2108.1.1

havent installed the update of 15.1 for iPhone yet so 15

bluebooth and pandora work fine in both my cars, car play will not play pandora. I get error message that says unable to play, please restart or re install. I have done both, with no success

0 Kudos