cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Pandora via GMC Truck

Bobm36
Local Performer

Hello

i have the newest version of the app on my iPhone Xr. I’m paying for the $4.99 per month premium plan. I love pandora but i can’t seem to connect via Bluetooth to use the 2014 GMC truck. I have the Pandora app in the trucks entertainment system, but whenever I click on the app in the truck,  I get no internet connection error. I’m definitely connected to the trucks Bluetooth as I can access my pandora through the media. 

im looking forward to getting this fixed so I can use my trucks pandora app. Thank you 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bobm36! Thanks for posting!

I moved your message into your own post here, since your questions are different that the topic in the other thread. 

The Pandora app integrated in your 2014 GMC truck's IntelliLink system is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. If you're receiving an error message that there is no internet connection, you'll need to reach out to GMC to activate the hotspot if you'd like to use the integrated Pandora app. However, keep in mind Pandora Plus and Premium features are not supported through this app.

If you'd like to use your Plus features, you'll need to connect your phone by bluetooth and use  Pandora via the app on your phone, not the integrated app in the display. Stereo controls on your audio system and steering wheel like, pause, forward, and if available, repeat, should still be functional. 

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other question. 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bobm36
Local Performer

Hey Tanner, 

Thank you for the reply!

While I understand your response saying my truck's hotspot doesn't seem to be working, I was able to use this Pandora app on my truck in tandem with the Pandora phone app using my 4 year old Motorola Droid phone prior to getting this new iPhone. On that phone, I was able to also see the Advanced Enable Bluetooth option in the app settings as well. I can still try and play around with it and report back, but something doesn't seem right. I thought the truck Pandora app worked on my truck using the "hotspot" from being connected to my phone through Bluetooth?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bobm36,

Which model GMC do you have? Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the Pandora app within in the truck? You can attach the photo through the post.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos