cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to report a bug? My car deck no longer works with Pandora, worked yesterday.

107octane
Local Performer

So yesterday everything was fine and normal, I had tunes on my way to and my way home from work.  I get in my car today with a Pioneer DEH-X6700BT and an option is missing... Did Pandora "update" my head unit?  All the regular options for playback are there except for the only one I use "BT AUDIO" it is like my deck got updated and now doesn't work.  I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened and never got it going.  I tried everything I could think of, and the most frustrating part is it would still connect via Bluetooth just fine.  I have an option in the deck that I've never used for playback called "PANDORA" I've never used this option as it seemed to work just fine in "BT AUDIO" but how did Pandora remove this option from my head unit?  For the record I never got it going in "PANDORA" either it just said "CHECK APP" and the app just had a black screen that said "Pandora > Pioneer.  This is a car from 1992 it didn't come with apple/android auto (if you can believe that).  I even have to disconnect the battery with a switch when I park it to not drain the battery, so what happened between yesterday afternoon and early this morning?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

107octane
Local Performer

Well it is resolved: still didn't get the "PANDORA" option to work but I happened to find a SYSTEM setting to turn ON/OFF my BT AUDIO.  I've been disconnecting the battery from this car for 3-4 years at this point, so maybe the internal clock battery finally died and off was the factory default?  Not sure but I now feel like an idiot for not finding this setting first thing this morning before I had to go 'face the music' at work...  Still kind think Pandora hacked my deck somehow...  Well I hope this helps someone!

Cheers!

0 Kudos